Seeking a Senior IT Risk Analyst, Boston, MA and Jersey City, NJ
BridgeView IT is seeking a Sr. IT Risk Analyst for a permanent position in Boston, MA and Jersey City, NJ. The Sr. IT Risk Analyst coordinates and conducts IT risk and vulnerability assessments and implements controls to address findings. This position is responsible for supporting and offering insight to IT and the business into the risk assessment and mitigation activities that help reduce operational IT risk.
Benefits are available for this position which includes national plan options for medical, dental and vision insurance, as well as a matching 401K plan.
Risk Management & Mitigation
- Identify and assist in the management of IT risk issues.
- Conducts and assists in IT Risk assessments related to infrastructure, platforms and applications in accordance with IT Risk Program methodology.
- Conducts and participates in IT third party vulnerability assessments for various disciplines
- Recommend and implement solutions to address findings from IT risk assessments.
- Provide quantitative and qualitative information to support the prioritization of tactical and strategic risk mitigation projects.
- Assist in the development and implementation of new IT risk initiatives, including policies, processes and awareness programs.
- Establishes processes in the design phase of system wide – IT projects to identify areas of potential risk.
- Participates in key or major projects across technology that have a high inherent risk profile to assist in establishing risk controls to mitigate the residual risk to an acceptable level.
Risk Analysis & Measurement
- Assist in the development of metrics and measurement systems that identify weaknesses in controls and drive remediation.
- Measure progress of IT Control improvements, based on business value and risk mitigation.
- Maintain and develop IT Risk guidance and /or applicable policies that outline the desired standards for risk measurement and clear guidelines for practices that may contribute to a reduction in IT risk.
- Recommend improvements to the tracking of risk mitigation activities and measuring residual risk over time.
- Recommend enhancements to risk analysis tools.
- Provide functional and analytical support of GRC tools such as Archer and or applicable databases.
- Bachelor’s degree in systems or related discipline or specialized training required.
- 8+ years of relevant IT work experience which may include Information Security, IT Enterprise Architecture, IT Vendor Assessment, Development, Production Assurance and/ or IT Governance, Risk and Compliance areas
- 3+ Experience in the financial services industry
- Experience with IT risk and threat assessment methodologies.
- Knowledge of Cyber security protocols and industry best practices
- Knowledge of network and security components, including firewalls.
- Knowledge of IP, TCP/IP and other network administration protocols, including their vulnerabilities and solutions required.
- Knowledge of operating platforms, database and sub-system platforms and products.
- Knowledge of IT Vendor Due Diligence practices
- Basic knowledge of IT regulatory and compliance requirements.
- Experience with standard desktop tools, including Microsoft Office.
- Ability to weigh business needs against risk concerns and articulate issues to management.
- Ability to handle multiple priorities, while meeting deadlines.
- Strong problem solving, organizational and project management skills.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Strong interpersonal and relationship management skills.
- Preferably holds one or more of the following or equivalent certifications: CISSP, CISM, CISA, CIA,CRISC, CGEIT CIAC, ISO
- Experience with or certification in use of GRC Tools such as Archer
BridgeView IT is a technology placement firm assisting a national network of clients identify and hire the highest-caliber IT professionals. Our management and senior recruiting specialists have successfully supported the IT marketplace for over a decade, and we have grown into a world class organization, with operations in major U.S. markets.
BridgeView IT is an equal opportunity employer. To proactively receive new job alerts from BridgeView IT, sign up at www.bridgeviewit.com/jobalerts.aspx.