Seeking a Senior Network Security Engineer – Bridgewater, NJ
BridgeView IT is seeking a Senior Network Security Engineer for a permanent position in Bridgewater, NJ. The Senior Network Security Engineer will be responsible for designing, implementing and performing day-to-day support of network security and appliances (virtual and physical), as well as collaborating with other engineers and operations teams in resolving all network security issues.
Benefits are available for this position which includes national plan options for medical, dental and vision insurance, as well as a matching 401K plan.
- Installing, configuring, troubleshooting, and administrating the company’s network security hardware and software solutions;
- Evaluating the current network security architecture to recommend upgrades and improvements and continue monitoring and support;
- Support all virtual and physical security appliances in high-availability environments that span multiple data centers and physical locations;
- Creating, maintaining and updating operational documentation of client security infrastructure, communication flows, and routing necessary to support the environment;
- Proactively monitoring security systems and performing preventative maintenance and security updates to prevent performance impacts to systems and business functions;
- Managing client security solutions, configuring and tuning hardware and software to ensure optimum network performance and resource availability;
- Participating in disaster recovery tests, planning and solutions;
- Support operational teams when new systems or servers are introduced or new clients are on boarded;
- Planning and execution of any hardware migrations that pertain to firewalls Intrusion Prevention and network solutions;
- Establishing and maintaining processes and models to discover and security incidents detected by network security appliances;
- Applying troubleshooting and root cause analysis methodologies to resolve security incidents detected on the network;
- Designing, planning and implementing projects as required supporting the day-to-day production requirements and disaster recovery initiatives.
- Work with MSSP on security incident tickets as needed
The ideal candidate is well-experienced with security solutions, with deep knowledge and understanding of the following products and other technology as follows:
- Cisco Source Fire or IPS equivalent
- Cisco IronPort or equivalent
- Cisco ASA or Palo Alto firewalls
- McAfee SIEM or equivalent
- Qualys or Rapid 7 products
- McAfee EPO
- Cisco ACS or ISE
- Microsoft Windows or Linux operating systems experience preferred
- A bachelor's degree in computer science, information technology, engineering, security or a related discipline a plus
- CISSP, CEH, Security+ or equivalent certifications a plus.
- 5 + Years in the information security field.
BridgeView IT is a technology placement firm assisting a national network of clients identify and hire the highest-caliber IT professionals. Our management and senior recruiting specialists have successfully supported the IT marketplace for over a decade, and we have grown into a world class organization, with operations in major U.S. markets.
BridgeView IT is an equal opportunity employer. To proactively receive new job alerts from BridgeView IT, sign up at www.bridgeviewit.com/jobalerts.aspx.