Seeking a Data Scientist – Statistician, Reston, VA
Bridgeview IT is seeking a Data Scientist-Statistician for a permanent role. This role is located in Reston, VA. The Data Scientist-Statistician will develop, manage and improve the outputs of predictive models and statistical analysis.
Benefits are available for this position which includes national plan options for medical, dental and vision insurance, as well as a matching 401K plan.
JOB OVERVIEW / REQUIRED SKILLS
- Experience with advanced predictive modeling & statistical analysis tools such as SPSS (preferred), SAS, or R
- Ideal candidates will have 6 to 10 years overall experience with at least 4 years in a Data Scientist or Statistician role.
- Must have actual professional experience, not counting academic, research, or internship experience.
- Collaborating with domestic and international Telecommunications clients to develop, manage and improve the outputs of predictive models and statistical analysis. The model outputs will aid clients in their strategic and tactical planning processes to support corporate and market objectives.
- Ability to communicate clearly and concisely, both orally and in writing
- Ability to balance multiple priorities and meet deadlines
- Formal training in statistical and mathematical theory
- Basic skills in Microsoft Word and Excel
- Proficiency in predictive modeling or statistical software
- Strong analytical skills
- Ability to apply knowledge of statistical principles to achieve successful outcomes
- Working knowledge of statistical and mathematical principals
- Knowledge of the telecommunications industry preferred
- Masters or Ph.D. in Statistics, Mathematics, or a related quantitative field
- Experience in applied data analysis, particularly in applied predictive modeling and statistical analysis
- Using, implementing and improving predictive modeling and statistical analysis processes and systems
BridgeView IT is a technology placement firm assisting a national network of clients identify and hire the highest-caliber IT professionals. Our management and senior recruiting specialists have successfully supported the IT marketplace for over a decade, and we have grown into a world class organization, with operations in major U.S. markets.
BridgeView IT is an equal opportunity employer. To proactively receive new job alerts from BridgeView IT, sign up at www.bridgeviewit.com/jobalerts.aspx.