Seeking a Sr. Data Engineer, Morristown, NJ, Full-Time.
BridgeView IT is seeking a Sr. Data Engineer. The role is located in Morristown, NJ. It is a full-time opportunity. The Sr. Data Engineer will be responsible for developing strategic architecture and design patterns to process and store high volume data sets. He/She will design and build scalable infrastructure and platform for very large amounts of data ingestion, aggregation, integration and advanced analytics in Hadoop, including Map Reduce, Pig/Hive, Spark, Storm, HBase and other NoSQL databases
- Lead the developing strategic architecture and design patterns to process and store high volume data sets
- Design and build scalable infrastructure and platform for very large amounts of data ingestion, aggregation, integration and advanced analytics in Hadoop, including Map Reduce, Pig/Hive, Spark, Storm, HBase and other NoSQL databases
- Innovate by researching and deploying new tools, frameworks and patterns to build a sustainable big data platform.
- Translate complex functional and technical requirements into detailed design.
- Perform analysis of vast data stores and uncover insights.
- 3+ years’ programming/scripting languages Java and Scala, python, R, Pig
- 2+ years of hands-on implementation experience working with a combination of the following technologies: Hadoop, Map Reduce, Pig, Hive, Impala
- Strong knowledge of noSQL of at-least one noSQL database like HBase and Cassandra.
- Working experience of designing & developing solutions in cloud environments (Azure, AWS etc.) with focus on analytics stack.
- 1+ years’ experience with streaming technologies such as Kafka, Storm, SparkSQL.
- 2+ years’ experience with spring framework
- Experience working with and evaluating open source technologies and demonstrated ability to make objective choices
- Experience in developing the full life-cycle of a Hadoop solution. This includes creating the requirements analysis, design of the technical architecture, design of the application design and development, testing, and deployment of the proposed solution.
- Experience working in agile development methodology.
- Strong Knowledge of Big Data Ingestion and Data processing patterns.
- Working Experience with continuous integration and continuous delivery tools
- Knowledge of Chef scripting, Docker containers
- Experience with multiple cloud computing platforms
- Experience with more than one data streaming technologies
- Understanding of Machine Learning skills (like Apache Mahout, Spark MLib)
- Experience with Visualization Tools such as Tableau
BridgeView IT is a technology placement firm assisting a national network of clients identify and hire the highest-caliber IT professionals. Our management and senior recruiting specialists have successfully supported the IT marketplace for over a decade, and we have grown into a world class organization, with operations in major U.S. markets.
BridgeView IT is an equal opportunity employer. To proactively receive new job alerts from BridgeView IT, sign up at www.bridgeviewit.com/jobalerts.aspx.