We know dominating the C-suite doesn’t leave you with much free time, so let’s get right to it: We’re seeking a Vice President of Data Strategy who is ready to lead one of our electrifying clients in Denver, CO.
Here’s the thing – a technology executive can single handedly make or break any organization. Success requires years of hard work, an ability to provide guidance, and a perfect fit between an executive and our client. True leaders are made, not born (and hopefully reading this job description right now).
Tell you what: give us 60 seconds. Look at what this executive position is all about, peek at our stellar benefits, and learn why BridgeView IT owns the competition when it comes to connecting technology executives with the best roles. One minute from now, if you’re just as excited about this position as we are, then you know what to do.
We are seeking a results-oriented, dynamic (energetic) Vice President of Data Strategy. As a key member of the senior team, the VP will be responsible for designing, architecting and evolving the data platform for continued growth and scale. The platform is integral in EDC’s data analysis, problem solving, and product development for client success and market differentiation. This leader will work closely with key stakeholders across the organization to develop and drive data strategies, facilitate an intimate understanding of data sources, and ensure unique IP be systematically captured.
The ideal candidate will have a proven leadership history of organizational development and planning expertise necessary to manage an efficient and nimble team comprised of data engineers and analysts through complex product requirements with both short- and long-term deliverables. The VP will be best described as a strategic thinker with sound judgment and business acumen who can understand not all business decisions are black and white nor stay static in an ever-changing ecosystem. In addition to possessing a deep data architectural knowledge and roll-up your sleeves approach, this leader will also have the ability to articulate ideas to both technical and non-technical audiences in a relentless and patient manner to influence key senior partners and executives. From in-depth past experience, they will know how to work between the technical and business teams that design and implement analytic-based solutions, leveraging peer-group engagement in order to build relationships with all stakeholders. The leader doesn’t have to design or implement the solution itself but must be able to intercede between these teams to optimize its effectiveness. The VP will have a unique work ethic and passion for combining disparate and rapidly changing data sets in a multi-faceted industry into usable reports that drive first to market insights for clients. The ideal candidate will not only enjoy wearing multiple hats but will ultimately thrive in a rapidly developing environment. The role presents a unique opportunity on a coveted leadership team that fosters and exemplifies excellence within the industry.
YOU’LL BE VERY SUCCESSFUL HERE IF YOU HAVE
- Bachelor’s Degree in Information Systems, Computer Information Systems, Engineering, Mathematics or similar field preferred
- A minimum of 10 years of experience in technology with a focus in architectural design and planning, data, BI, and/or data warehousing experience
- A minimum of 5 years Leadership experience with direct reports
- Deep understanding of data warehousing concepts combined with practical experience
- Proficient in SQL, SSIS, SSRS, and Python
- Experience working with ASP.NET MVC
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
- Project Management Certifications preferred
- Small to high-growth company experience preferred
- Oil and Gas industry experience is a plus
HOW YOU WILL MAKE AN IMPACT
- Own the data infrastructure and foundation for the organization
- Partner with senior team members within functional business units to understand business objectives, data needs, and strategic direction
- Define and execute the company wide data strategy, ensuring data collection and analysis solutions are coordinated, integrated and perform to the highest standards and expectations for both internal and external customers in order to drive measurable results
- Build and manage a multi-year roadmap for the evolution of sophisticated databases housed in the data warehouse
- Build data assets to allow for advanced analytics that significantly impact revenue, EBITDA, and organizational scale
- Develop and implement a business transformation of manual data IP and processing into systemic IP and automation
- Communicate and present data related matters to executives, in a digestible and simplified format to develop an understanding key objectives, milestones, and outcomes of team roadmaps
- Develop and improve processes to support data intake, output, strategy, quality, regulations, and security that facilitate efficiency and scale
- Build, lead, and develop a motivated data team as a center of excellence, driving top talent at the interface of data analytics, technology and business
- Manage a budget, oversee long term solution architecture and manage vendors to provide best service for the greatest ROI
- Manage of internal staff and outside vendors to meet the company’s technology needs such as laptops, internet, phones, servers, website, etc.
SUCCESS METRICS OF POSITION
- Creation of a nimble and cost-conscious data warehouse that is built for future scale and ensures architectural integrity and consistency
- Comprehensive, clean, and complete data sets in production that are housed in a data warehouse and are easily accessible
- Creation and improvement of efficient processes to allow for an ongoing feedback loop of IP with evolving datasets and products into the data warehouse
- Consistent report formatting and functionality that increases frequency of delivery to internal stakeholders in order to provide first-to-market insights for clients
- Written and oral presentations of strategic direction of the company’s data platform, roadmaps, and resource allocation/needs
- Weekly executive-level and key stakeholder updates on progress towards major initiatives and ongoing priorities
- Streamlined and engaged team who has the agility and direction to deliver upon short term exploratory report requests/updates, as well as complete major milestones with long term data strategy
- Documentation of all processes, development, and IP
- Ownership of all company IT needs, managed through either internal or external resources, that provides a cost-effective, reliable, and consistent service across the employee base and data infrastructure
- Strong collaborator and business partner, with the ability to influence and motivate teams through building trusted relationships
- Exceptional ability to translate technical objectives, deliverables and results into clear, concise presentations, written reports, and data visualizations to both technical and non-technical audiences across multiple levels of the company
- Proven outcomes in the ability and flexibility to manage and prioritize competing projects simultaneously, balancing long-term/“big-picture” and short-term requests of data and architecture needs
- Demonstrates an openness to receive feedback on approaches and solutions, with a relentless pursuit of achieving primary objectives in the business and a bias for continuous improvement
- Excellent organization skills, time management and task flexibility, and project management
- Proven history with promoting a culture of initiative, strong work ethic, success, pride, performance, discipline, innovation and creativity
- Commitment to the “internal client” through exceptional customer service principles
- Experience in working in a fast-paced, startup and high-growth environment with long working hours in and outside the office
- Proven flexibility and ability to manage ambiguity during periods of rapid growth, with desire to learn quickly and adapt to changing environment
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor’s degree in a Quantitative discipline: Economics, Business, Finance or equivalent two years’ experience in a Financial Analyst discipline: M&A, Private
ABOUT BRIDGEVIEW IT
Do you remember when the first YouTube video was uploaded in 2005? We don’t, because we were too busy creating the best technology placement firm in the country. Back then, we saw how extreme the demand was for technologists. Companies needed help finding them, and technologists needed help sifting through the noise. That’s our specialty.
You have a valuable set of skills, and it’s our job to make sure you get connected with the roles, companies, and career paths that help you realize your full potential. We don’t just forward you random job descriptions; we build a real relationship to get you wherever it is you want to go. We might be based in Denver, clearly the best city on earth, but we are connected to opportunities across America that will both challenge and fulfill you.
Let’s do this. Apply for the above role, or sign up for job alerts at https://bridgeviewit.com/jobalerts.