BridgeView IT is seeking a Systems Administrator - Lakewood, CO.
BridgeView IT is seeking a Systems Administrator for a 3 months contract for our client located in Lakewood, CO. This individual will provide technical expertise in system administration and design of server-based operating systems. Performs a range of tasks include analysis, evaluation, design, coding and testing, installation, maintenance, support, monitoring, and training. Contractor benefits are available for this position which includes national plan options for medical, dental and vision insurance, as well as a matching 401K plan.
- Within the context of the ITS/Business Strategic Plan supports information technology through activities including analyzing business and technical problems, designing, coding, testing, maintaining, supporting, documenting and installing information technology solutions.
- Provides operational support and incident resolution to server systems, applications and clients.
- Develops and maintains pertinent documentation and procedures for the technology area according to industry, vendor, and ITS standards.
- Must effectively monitor servers and enterprise applications, making changes to maximize performance.
- Researches and identifies complex incidents and problems working to design and implement appropriate solutions with a sense of urgency.
- Must be able to work non-standard hours, including maintenance weekends (on average once per month).
- May work independently or as part of a team in resolving more complex problems for clients.
- Shares on-call rotation responsibility with team members for 24-hour problem resolution.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or, equivalent of education and experience sufficient to successfully perform the essential functions of the job may be considered.
- Minimum 3 years experience
- Knowledge of Microsoft server operating systems and related enterprise applications, services and protocols including integrations with 3rd party COTS and custom developed applications (e.g. Active Directory, Group Policy, Exchange, SharePoint, SQL Mgmt, MS Clustering, ISA/TMG, OCS/Lync, IIS, DNS, DHCP, and WINS).
- Working knowledge of the creation and maintenance of network accounts, including email and group configurations, associated policies for usage, and information security.
- Ability to design and execution of enterprise backup and recovery schema.
- Demonstrated working knowledge of Windows virtualization VMWare and/or Hyper-V.
- Familiarity with email messaging systems and architecture, including Microsoft Exchange, Blackberry Enterprise Servers, SPAM filtering techniques and SMTP Internet routing.
- Working knowledge of Linux/Unix-based systems (e.g. RedHat Linux, AIX and VMS), including interoperability with Windows systems.
- Knowledge of one or more industry standard scripting languages (e.g VB Script, Powershell, etc) and the ability to leverage that knowledge in developing customized scripting solutions.
- Usage of external storage arrays (SAN and/or NAS), preferably NetApp.
- Ability to utilize storage efficiently and perform basic management.
- Familiarity with network architectures and TCP/IP networking.
- Familiarity with tools (e.g. BMC) for event management, incident management, change management and configuration management, and with the ITIL framework for these processes.
- Demonstrated working knowledge of Microsoft server-based products and their interactions with Microsoft client operating systems, and connectivity/interoperability protocols.
- Ability to install, configure and maintain operating systems, including virtualization solutions and managers, and enterprise-applications software.
- Ability to backup and recover operating systems and associated applications.
- Ability to optimize servers for use by applications, databases, and utilities, and to diagnose the unique challenges that may be presented by each type of use.
- Ability to configure and support 50+ Windows based servers (NT, 2000, 2003, 2008) on a global, multi-site LAN/WAN network.
- Ability to work with team members to deliver on time and on budget committed results to customers.
- Knowledge and use of relevant PC software applications and skills to use them effectively.
- Demonstrated ability to communicate effectively both verbally and in writing.
- Current Microsoft Systems Engineering certificate and ITIL certification
BridgeView IT is a technology placement firm assisting a national network of clients identify and hire the highest-caliber IT professionals. Our management and senior recruiting specialists have successfully supported the IT marketplace for over a decade, and we have grown into a world class organization, with operations in major U.S. markets. We are unable to sponsor H1B candidates at this time. Those authorized to work in the US without restriction are encouraged to apply.
BridgeView IT is an equal opportunity employer. To proactively receive new job alerts from BridgeView IT, sign up at www.bridgeviewit.com/jobalerts.aspx.