Is your idea of the “big picture” more of a massive billboard than a framed 8 x 10 photo? We’re seeking Sr Software Engineers who are ready to take control of large-scale programs and applications for one of our clients in Denver, CO.
Here’s the thing – large companies have a distinct need for help with their massive technology functions. Whether it’s SAP, a Java application, or SharePoint, these businesses require talent who can keep them up and running smoothly. If you have the breadth of knowledge it takes to work at the enterprise level, our client’s opening is waiting.
Tell you what: give us 60 seconds. Look at what this role is all about, peek at our stellar benefits, and learn why BridgeView IT owns the competition when it comes to connecting technologists with the best enterprise positions. One minute from now, if you’re just as excited about this role as we are, then you know what to do.
YOU’LL BE VERY SUCCESSFUL HERE IF YOU HAVE
- Experience developing, supporting, and maintaining proprietary software and software as a service components using Microsoft development platforms and database environments.
- Experience interfacing with multiple divisions in a company, specifically technical and business groups.
HOW YOU WILL MAKE AN IMPACT
- Working with a team to develop software applications from inception through completion
- Analyzing and developing requirements, software designs, code, documentation and deployment plans
- Working with other teams to manage internal and external timelines and deliverables during the course projects
- Using Agile Software Development practices such as Scrum and Kanban
- Perform and assist with quality assurance activities as needed
- Delivering within Walz software architecture standards and assists in the evolution of those standards and frameworks
- Participating in software development and support process improvements
- Supporting and/or leading more than one project simultaneously
- Communicating project status and plans and anticipating delays and obstacles
- Review code for potential performance issues, reusability, and/or anomalies
- Supports business critical projects and small enhancements as part of an overall release strategy for the domain
- Owns the technical components of the domain and works hands-on on all development projects
- Assess, troubleshoot, document, upgrade and develop maintenance procedures
- Maintains the technical design and ensures that the technical designs meet the architecture standards of Walz and the vision of the domain
- Fosters a deep understanding of the business domain and partners with relevant business constituents
- Communicates vision in all directions and paves the path for the realization of domain specific goals
- Builds and maintains tools to support the efficient execution of internal and external functions
- Regularly exercises discretion and independent judgment in relation to the responsibilities of the Software Engineer on a day to day basis
- Evaluates alternatives and makes decisions accordingly
- Participate in mentoring Software Engineers
- 3+ years of prior experience in a similar role is required
- At least 5+ years of experience using C# or other object oriented programming languages, SQL, XML, JSON, and Source Management tools such as Team Foundation Server
- At least 5+ years of experience working with Web services, Web API, MVC, Bootstrap, jQuery, Dapper or some other ORM tool
- Print & Mail industry experience a plus
- Mortgage servicing experience a plus
- Software as a Service (SaaS) experiences a plus
- Agile/Scrum experience is a plus
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE
- Candidate must have a degree in Computer Science or equivalent experience
ABOUT BRIDGEVIEW IT
Do you remember when the first YouTube video was uploaded in 2005? We don’t, because we were too busy creating the best technology placement firm in the country. Back then, we saw how extreme the demand was for technologists. Companies needed help finding them, and technologists needed help sifting through the noise. That’s our specialty.
You have a valuable set of skills, and it’s our job to make sure you get connected with the roles, companies, and career paths that help you realize your full potential. We don’t just forward you random job descriptions; we build a real relationship to get you wherever it is you want to go. We might be based in Denver, clearly the best city on earth, but we are connected to opportunities across America that will both challenge and fulfill you.
Let’s do this. Apply for the above role, or sign up for job alerts at https://bridgeviewit.com/jobalerts.