If you love building and supporting information technology solutions that make businesses successful, then we have news for you: we’re seeking a SR QA TEST ENGINEER who is ready to make an impact for one of our clients in DENVER, CO.
Here’s the thing – IT solutions help businesses thrive, but they would be worthless without properly functioning technology solutions. Our client relies completely on roles like this to maintain world-class business operations. If you can ensure a company’s technology powered operations are reliable, then this position is right for you.
HOW YOU WILL MAKE AN IMPACT
The Senior Quality Assurance Test Engineer is responsible for developing test strategies and performing test execution for a multitude of complex applications while ensuring that each application meets the agreed upon requirements of the customer. The Senior Quality Assurance Test Engineer must use their extensive experience and talent to ensure value is delivered to the customer and company, to evolve the product suite and to ensure the application is high-quality and fully-functional. The Senior Quality Assurance Test Engineer works with minimal supervision and in close collaboration with the cross-functional team.
EXPERIENCE NEEDED TO BE SUCCESSFUL IN THIS JOB
- Lead the evolution of the QA function communicating the value of testing with the cross-functional team
- Ensure the test strategy is in context of the current business processes and incorporates how the business uses our systems
- Connect business processes to company strategy
- Coach the cross-functional team on QA best practices soliciting feedback to ensure understanding
- Represent the QA function as needed in technology initiatives and communicate status back to the team
- Lead testing activities for assigned projects
- Ensure the quality of software and adherence to user story requirements before release to customer
- Define the test strategy and scope for assigned projects implementing Quality Assurance best practices
- Develop comprehensive test plans and test cases
- Identify and partner with the cross-functional to ensure all necessary levels of testing are performed
- Collaborate with software/systems personnel in application testing, such as system, unit, integration, regression, load, and acceptance testing methods
- Apply an analytical, methodical, and resourceful approach to problem-solving, root-cause analysis, and prioritization of work
- Make recommendations for improvement of applications based on company strategies to cross-functional team
- Cultivate and disseminate knowledge of quality assurance best practices
- Identify, mitigate, and drive product issues and risks to resolution
- Estimate and communicate Quality Assurance effort for assigned work
- Collaborate with cross-functional team members to define user stories, acceptance criteria, deliverables, and product risks
- Analyze user story requirements and validate their testability
- Log defect reports and perform retest of defects as required
- Communicate test progress, test results and other relevant information
- Provide technical leadership and mentoring to team members as needed
- Manage conflicting priorities ensuring deadlines for assigned tasks and scheduled deliverables are met
- Recommend and participate in innovation projects for continuous improvement initiatives
- Other special projects as needed
- Solid understanding of Quality Assurance testing best practices and Software Development Life Cycle
- Proficient in SQL
- Proven leadership through influencing and consensus-building; demonstrated ability to work well in a cross-functional team.
- Excellent test design and documentation skills
- Strong analytical/problem solving skills with excellent attention to detail and communication skills
- Ability to exercise independent judgment, multi-task, and effectively prioritize tasks
- Bachelor’s Degreeor equivalent experience in Information Technology field
- Industry recognized Quality Assurance certification a plus
ABOUT BRIDGEVIEW IT
Do you remember when the first YouTube video was uploaded in 2005? We don’t, because we were too busy creating the best technology placement firm in the country. Back then, we saw how extreme the demand was for technologists. Companies needed help finding them, and technologists needed help sifting through the noise. That’s our specialty.
You have a valuable set of skills, and it’s our job to make sure you get connected with the roles, companies, and career paths that help you realize your full potential. We don’t just forward you random job descriptions; we build a real relationship to get you wherever it is you want to go. We might be based in Denver, clearly the best city on earth, but we are connected to opportunities across America that will both challenge and fulfill you. Let’s do this. Apply for the above role, or sign up for job alerts at https://bridgeviewit.com/jobalerts.
STUFF OUR LAWYERS WANT US TO SAY
We are unable to sponsor H1B candidates at this time. Those authorized to work in the US without restriction are encouraged to apply. BridgeView IT is an equal opportunity employer.