If you love building and supporting information technology solutions that make businesses successful, then we have news for you: we’re seeking Sr. Database Developers who are ready to make an impact for one of our clients in Castle Rock, CO.
Here’s the thing – IT solutions help businesses thrive, but they would be worthless without properly functioning technology solutions. Our client relies completely on roles like this to maintain world-class business operations. If you can ensure a company’s technology powered operations are reliable, then this position is right for you.
HOW YOU WILL MAKE AN IMPACT
- Senior Database Developer acts as a senior member of the Technology Capabilities Group within IT Application Services and is responsible for the overall design, development, test, release, maintenance, and technical support of data and reporting applications to ensure effective data services delivery and support enterprise strategies.
- You’ll be responsible for working with Information Technology (IT) Infrastructure Services to ensure server platform and security needs of data and reporting systems are met.
- In coordination with the IT Project Management Office, this role will assist in defining project scope, requirements, and timeline
- Responsible for the design, development, test, release, maintenance, and technical support of custom data applications such as data pipelines/ETLs/data processing/APIs.
- Responsible for the design, development, test, release, maintenance, and technical support of data analysis reports and dashboards using Power BI and paginated reports using SSRS.
- Performs data modelling and database design for data and reporting applications as well as other applications as needed.
- Performs analysis, design and implementation of data migration as needed.
- Participates in design/code reviews.
- Performs SQL Server database administration in the development environment.
- Defines physical server environment including capacity planning for custom applications.
- Documents data and reporting application implementations, configurations, and support requirements as needed.
- Creates deployment packages and instructions for releasing data and reporting applications across environments.
- Evaluates techniques and design patterns and makes recommendations that will improve solution delivery.
- Corrects reported incidents on data and reporting applications and releases fixes through the change control processes.
- Creates and maintains application runbooks on the supported data and reporting applications.
- Administers Power BI Online environment including managing security, data gateways, and workspaces.
EXPERIENCE NEEDED TO BE SUCCESSFUL IN THIS JOB
- Five years of experience in the solution development life cycle for developing and maintaining data processing and reporting applications.
- Extensive experience with:
- System analysis and design
- Relational and multi-dimensional data modeling
- Performance tuning and database design for SQL Server
- Building Operational Data Stores, Data Marts, and/or Data Warehouses
- Working with non-relational data sources such as flat files, excel files, JSON files, and APIs
- Familiarity with:
- Self-Service Business Intelligence platform
- Data quality management and master data management
- Enterprise information architecture
- ESRI SDE/Geodatabase
- Experience in teaching and mentoring developers and/or users.
- Proficient in developing solutions using SQL Server, T-SQL, Stored procedures, SSIS, SSAS, and SSRS.
- Well versed in developing data models and reports with Power BI.
- Proficient in performing system and/or integration testing.
- Skilled in scripting using Python and Power Shell.
- Skilled in performing system analysis and design.
- Proficient in applying critical thinking skills in problem solving.
ABOUT BRIDGEVIEW IT
Do you remember when the first YouTube video was uploaded in 2005? We don’t, because we were too busy creating the best technology placement firm in the country. Back then, we saw how extreme the demand was for technologists. Companies needed help finding them, and technologists needed help sifting through the noise. That’s our specialty.
You have a valuable set of skills, and it’s our job to make sure you get connected with the roles, companies, and career paths that help you realize your full potential. We don’t just forward you random job descriptions; we build a real relationship to get you wherever it is you want to go. We might be based in Denver, clearly the best city on earth, but we are connected to opportunities across America that will both challenge and fulfill you. Let’s do this. Apply for the above role, or sign up for job alerts at https://bridgeviewit.com/jobalerts.
- Medical: Provided by Aetna
- Dental: Provided by Aetna
- Vision: Provided by VSP
- 401K: Provided by Voya Financial – 4% match, 100% vested from start
- Life Insurance & Long-Term Disability
- ADP TotalChoice: Voluntary Benefits managed by Mercer, such as the following: Short Term Disability, Accident Insurance, Auto Insurance, Accidental Death & Dismemberment (AD&D), Voluntary Term Life Insurance, Homeowners/Renters Insurance, Pet Care Coverage & Pet Insurance
- Employee Perks, ADP Personal Discounts: great discounts through thousands of vendors (Nike, Target, Home Depot, etc.)
STUFF OUR LAWYERS WANT US TO SAY
We are unable to sponsor H1B candidates at this time. Those authorized to work in the US without restriction are encouraged to apply. BridgeView IT is an equal opportunity employer.