If you love building and supporting information technology solutions that make businesses successful, then we have news for you: we’re seeking a SR BUSINESS ANALYST who is ready to make an impact for one of our clients in DENVER, CO.
Here’s the thing – IT solutions help businesses thrive, but they would be worthless without properly functioning technology solutions. Our client relies completely on roles like this to maintain world-class business operations. If you can ensure a company’s technology powered operations are reliable, then this position is right for you.
HOW YOU WILL MAKE AN IMPACT
This position is responsible for playing a key role in aligning designed and delivered solutions with the needs of stakeholders by: working with business teams in understanding enterprise problems and goals, analyzing needs and solutions, devising strategies that consider Value Stream impacts, driving change and facilitating stakeholder collaboration to reach measurable goals.
EXPERIENCE NEEDED TO BE SUCCESSFUL IN THIS JOB
- Conduct/perform workflow analysis, needs assessments, and cost/benefit analysis to identify and recommend improvements to business processes to improve efficiency to reduce costs or provide new operational capabilities.
- Assist with the development of the BPM toolset and methodologies to assist our business in addressing areas of inefficiency ensuring the successful execution of company strategies.
- Lead VSA activities, workshops and process mapping exercises for assigned value streams
- Learn the current state from start to finish ensuring all steps in the process are documented accurately.
- Partner with product owners to assist with streamlining their operational procedures with the intention of optimizing the entire value stream. This may include, but is not limited to, implementing innovations identified as part of the Value Stream Assessment as well as system enhancements.
- Help functional business teams determine where they provide value in the end to end processes and work in a consultative manner to apply LEAN principles.
- Serve as consultant to product owners and business stakeholders to develop system requirements.
- Monitor system development that further evolves the value stream ensuring modifications are reflected in the process documents by working with the process document owners and the training department.
- Develop, baseline and track KPI’s and metrics to measure success and productivity by value steam.
- Establish on-going feedback and improvement loops to ensure operational processes are evolved with the customer value perspective.
- Build a structure for collaborating with the product owners and business stakeholders on lessons learned
- Oversee the innovation plan for assigned value streams
- Regularly meet with the business noting all progress and measurements of the efficiencies being implemented
- Report status updates and efficiency measures to upper management on a timely basis
- Maintain SharePoint document library related to Value Stream knowledge base.
- Learn and understand current company inefficiencies and work to flesh out effective and efficient solutions.
- Actively strive to stay current on the latest process and IT advancements to automate and modernize systems.
- Perform process mapping and modelling as required by the business to gain further understanding of how work is done.
- Support the standardization of business process document altitude, content and formatting across the organization.
- Identify and research potential configuration solutions within a system to meet a business need when appropriate.
- Develop/maintain supporting documentation including, but not limited to;
- User Stories, Acceptance Criteria, Acceptance Tests, Business Process Diagrams, Flow Diagrams, Training Documentation and User Guides.
- User communications: Release Notes, One-sheets, what’s new, etc. as needed.
- Partner with business and EIS team members to ensure user documentation for systems used to support the company value streams are accurate and up to date.
- Training documentation and video shorts as needed.
- Oversee and lead UAT Test efforts.
- Host business process and system demonstrations for user community.
- Collaborate on user story creation for system development striving for common understanding.
- Manage and prioritize the system backlog in collaboration with team and business partners.
- Maintain focus on value to the customer (stakeholder, business) in all business interactions.
- Support the testing activities including, but no limited to, test case documentation and test execution as needed by the team.
- Demonstrated ability to lead by influence and inspire confident risk-taking in uncertain situations
- Ability to see the big picture and analyze/model business processes across the organization.
- Excellent communication skills with a high level of self-awareness always open to feedback from all levels.
- Commitment to self-development in the business analysis craft staying up to date with new tools and methodologies and sharing knowledge with team members.
- Ease and confident in leading discussions in tense or uncertain circumstances with the goal to achieve buy-in.
- Ability to explore and understand complex business needs and processes and explain them to a technical and non-technical audience.
- Ability to effectively create supporting documentation including, but not limited to, User Stories, Acceptance Criteria, Acceptance Tests (BDD or ATDD), Business Process Diagrams, Flow Diagrams, Training Documentation and User Guides.
- Ability to empathize and communicate with all stakeholders from the business to the cross-functional team and external vendors in terms they understand and in ways that educate
- Analytical, methodical, and resourceful approach to problem-solving.
- Ability to perform root-cause analysis.
- Willingness to roll up the sleeves and do what it takes to succeed in close collaboration with cross-functional team.
- Proficient in SQL
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent experience in Information Technology field
- Minimum of 6 years of Business Analysis experience
- Strong Business Process Management experience required
- Experience with Reporting Tools and Data Profiling Required
- Experience working in an Agile and/or Lean environment
- Proven experience with requirement, testing and defect management tools
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent experience in Information Technology field
- IIBA, ISEB Certifications a plus
- Certified Scrum Master (or similar continuous flow certification) a plus
- Certified Product Owner a strong plus
ABOUT BRIDGEVIEW IT
Do you remember when the first YouTube video was uploaded in 2005? We don’t, because we were too busy creating the best technology placement firm in the country. Back then, we saw how extreme the demand was for technologists. Companies needed help finding them, and technologists needed help sifting through the noise. That’s our specialty.
You have a valuable set of skills, and it’s our job to make sure you get connected with the roles, companies, and career paths that help you realize your full potential. We don’t just forward you random job descriptions; we build a real relationship to get you wherever it is you want to go. We might be based in Denver, clearly the best city on earth, but we are connected to opportunities across America that will both challenge and fulfill you. Let’s do this. Apply for the above role, or sign up for job alerts at https://bridgeviewit.com/jobalerts.
STUFF OUR LAWYERS WANT US TO SAY
We are unable to sponsor H1B candidates at this time. Those authorized to work in the US without restriction are encouraged to apply. BridgeView IT is an equal opportunity employer.