Seeking a Cloud Engineer - Denver, CO (DTC)
BridgeView IT has an opportunity for a high skill, high energy, Cloud Engineer for a contract to hire opportunity with a top client. As a Cloud Engineer, you will be joining an established and expanding IT organization. You will leverage cloud technologies to include AWS, Office 365, Azure, and other providers. As a system administrator you will perform design, installation, automation, configuration, and maintenance for server platforms. This role will deploy new releases to cloud platforms like AWS, Azure, Etc. You will be required to provide advanced troubleshooting to resolve complex system administration and Citrix issues as part of core duties. Primary focus will be messaging and we are running Exchange 2010, Enterprise Vault 11.x, and Lync 2010 to name a few technologies.
- Support and maintain Windows production and test environments located in both data center or Cloud (Azure, Office 365, AWS, etc.) platforms.
- Knowledge of automation concepts using Cloud tools such as: Ansible, Packer.io, powershell, or common language and leading deployment methodologies.
- Troubleshooting end-to-end issues with Client/Server applications to include Cloud and on premise integration
- Create, test, and update automation processes for windows server and application standards. Determine critical procedures within the existing environment and automate deployment and upgrades.
- Ability to script and automate processes that require bulk distribution, change, or input.
- Assist with daily responsibilities that include, but are not limited to, management of server images, applications, OS installations, deploying physical servers, and documentation.
- Troubleshoot and resolve server connectivity issues and verify that servers are available to users regardless of data center location. Troubleshoot advanced problems by analyzing log files and architecture documents.
- Ensure timely and accurate problem resolution when user issues arise.
- May mentor/train peers to effectively respond to end user issues, providing technical guidance for colleagues with less experience on more complex issues. Has latitude for un-reviewed action and decision making.
- Participates in on-call support rotation.
- In addition to knowing the how, demonstrate the why something is implemented, changed, or deployed in that fashion.
- Ensure the production environment is available at all times during normal and extended business hours.
- Minimum 4 years previous relevant Systems Administration experience required, to include 2 years previous experience with automation CI/CD, AWS, Azure, Packer.io, Ansible, Citrix XenApp and Citrix XenDesktop, VMWare support required.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Technologies and ability to explain them. Examples (DHCP, DNS, TCP/IP to include basic networking, Active Directory Concepts, Sites, Admin types.)
- Basic understanding of network and firewall principles
- Excellent customer service orientation and follow up skills required.
- Excellent organization skills, with the ability to prioritize tasks accordingly, in a fast paced changing environment.
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills, with the ability to effectively communicate at multiple levels within the organization required.
- Proven track record of taking initiative and delivering solution oriented results required.
- Demonstrated ability to work independently, as well as within teams required.
- Ability to work required shifts including weekend, evening, and on-call as necessary required.
- Must be able to lift 50 + pounds required.
- Bachelors Degree (Computer Science, Information Systems) or equivalent applicable experience required.
- VMWare ESXi & vCenter
- Citrix XenServers
- Citrix XenApp, XenDesktop, (7.x)
- Powershell Scripting, Ansible, Cloud Formation, Terraform, etc.
- Cloud (Azure, Office 365, AWS, etc.)
BridgeView IT is a technology placement firm assisting a national network of clients identify and hire the highest-caliber IT professionals. Our management and senior recruiting specialists have successfully supported the IT marketplace for over a decade, and we have grown into a world class organization, with operations in major U.S. markets.
BridgeView IT is an equal opportunity employer. To proactively receive new job alerts from BridgeView IT, sign up at http://bridgeviewit.com/jobalerts.