Ready to work with mountains of data higher than the Rockies? We’re seeking a SR SQL DBA who is ready to get their hands on the 1’s and 0’s of an electrifying client in DENVER, CO.
Here’s the thing – a modern business simply can’t remain profitable without harnessing its data. So much information passes through the servers of our client that this position will have a visible impact on their success. Whether you like to swim in data lakes or drive the fork-lift in data warehouses, you could be just the person this role needs.
HOW YOU WILL MAKE AN IMPACT
- Plan, implement, maintain and monitor administration and maintenance procedures to support SQL Server databases, including production, development, quality assurance, user testing, and disaster recovery environments.
- Perform database creation, migrations, data integrity and security, backups, and manipulations, as well as, database server functions.
- Install upgrades, fix technical glitches, monitor database performance, provide technical support, enforce security measures and create confidentiality policies for database users.
- Create programming guides and train department employees in database management tasks.
- Provide technical support for business users, IT developers and the software release processes for production, quality assurance, development, and testing environments.
- Develop, analyze and/or tune Transact-SQL objects to optimize server performance.
- Create and design databases as required.
- Conduct miscellaneous business data applications, functions, and provide data architecture guidance.
- Perform related duties as requested.
EXPERIENCE NEEDED TO BE SUCCESSFUL IN THIS JOB
- 5 to 10 years of experience in production database administration.
- 5+ years working with SQL Server, Replication, Transact-SQL.
- 5+ years working with XML, SQL Trace, and Performance monitoring.
- 2+ years of Integration and Reporting Services skills.
- Ability to anticipate and identify problems as well as provide troubleshooting resolution.
- Ability to work effectively, independently, and with others in a collaborative, deadline-sensitive environment.
- Professional demeanor and appearance essential.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills required in order to communicate with all professional levels.
- Ability to take initiative in difficult situations and find a solution.
- Knowledge of the mortgage industry is helpful, but not required.
- Bachelor degree in computing, engineering or business required.
ABOUT BRIDGEVIEW IT
Do you remember when the first YouTube video was uploaded in 2005? We don’t, because we were too busy creating the best technology placement firm in the country. Back then, we saw how extreme the demand was for technologists. Companies needed help finding them, and technologists needed help sifting through the noise. That’s our specialty.
You have a valuable set of skills, and it’s our job to make sure you get connected with the roles, companies, and career paths that help you realize your full potential. We don’t just forward you random job descriptions; we build a real relationship to get you wherever it is you want to go. We might be based in Denver, clearly the best city on earth, but we are connected to opportunities across America that will both challenge and fulfill you. Let’s do this. Apply for the above role, or sign up for job alerts at https://bridgeviewit.com/jobalerts.
STUFF OUR LAWYERS WANT US TO SAY
We are unable to sponsor H1B candidates at this time. Those authorized to work in the US without restriction are encouraged to apply. BridgeView IT is an equal opportunity employer.