Is your idea of the “big picture” more of a massive billboard than a framed 8 x 10 photo? We’re seeking Security Analysts who are ready to take control of large-scale programs and applications for one of our clients in Denver, CO.
Here’s the thing – large companies have a distinct need for help with their massive technology functions. Whether it’s SAP, a Java application, or SharePoint, these businesses require talent who can keep them up and running smoothly. If you have the breadth of knowledge it takes to work at the enterprise level, our client’s opening is waiting.
Tell you what: give us 60 seconds. Look at what this role is all about, peek at our stellar benefits, and learn why BridgeView IT owns the competition when it comes to connecting technologists with the best enterprise positions. One minute from now, if you’re just as excited about this role as we are, then you know what to do.
Our client is looking to add a new Security Analyst to their Threat and Vulnerability Management team. This position is technical in nature and we are looking for a self-motivated professional who is driven to succeed in a fast-paced environment. This Security Analyst will assist in managing vulnerability assessments; evaluating vulnerabilities for applicability and the level of threat posed; research and investigation of security alerts; evaluate and report on risks identified through various threat intelligence sources; and assisting with response and investigation of security incidents.
How you'll make an impact:
- Supports the Threat and Vulnerability Management (TVM) Team with reporting, management, and remediation of threats and vulnerabilities
- Performs vulnerability assessments
- Recommends and tracks the application of fixes, security patches, and security updates
- Perform research and analysis of scheduled and on demand vulnerability assessments and post results
- Produces reports on patches, exploits, and vulnerabilities
- Builds partnerships with technical teams to promote best practices for managing vulnerabilities in an agile manner
- Develops and improves metrics, and trending for vulnerability management functions
- Executes effective strategies for vulnerability remediation and bring to bear technology to orchestrate and automate (where possible)
- Maintain situational awareness of meaningful cyber defense initiatives, indicator lists, threat reports, incident response techniques, and cyber defense technologies to ensure that cyber defenses are effective and incorporating the best protections
- Provide technical analysis of vulnerabilities identified (through scanning, threat intelligence, research, and vendor notifications) to determine their impact, help prioritize, communicate to the relevant partners, and drive an overall timely remediation based on agreed upon internal program governance
- Develop skills, technical capabilities, and methods to deliver the best cyber defense capability to protect IT assets from cyber threats, attacks, and exploitation
- Document security procedures and policies
- Develop understanding of the threat intelligence, attack techniques, tool/exploit development, intelligence analysis and adversarial tactics
- Assists and supports application security, threat intelligence and other security programs within TVM
You'll be Very Successful if You Have:
- A degree or industry-recognized certification in intelligence or cybersecurity, or equivalent experience
- 2+ years of cyber security experience specifically working in Vulnerability Management
- Seven years work experience in IT with at least three years of cyber security experience
- Experience performing and managing network and application vulnerability testing, penetration testing and/or threat assessments.
- Ability to interpret information security data and processes to identify risk and potential security threats
- Experience using security tools such as Data Loss Prevention
- Understanding of Cloud Infrastructure and Cloud Security
- Experience assessing, securing and managing with cloud infrastructure (AWS, Azure, Oracle)
- Experience as a threat intelligence analyst or a demonstrated understanding of threat intelligence
- Knowledge of cyber threat groups, tactics and techniques
- Familiarity with intelligence targeting methodologies preferred
- Knowledge of cyber threat operational frameworks (Cyber kill-chain, MITRE ATT&CK)
- Understanding of various technology areas such as operating systems such as Linux and Windows, Active Directory, VPN systems, encryption, various authorization and authentication mechanisms/software, network monitoring, and vulnerability and threat management tools (including network based scanners).
- Experience with security incident response, forensics and security investigations
- Understanding of Linux/Unix platforms.
- Working knowledge of information systems security standards and practices (e.g., access control and system hardening, system audit and log file monitoring, security policies, and incident handling).
- Coding experience a plus, comfort with new technology a must
- Proven analytical and report-writing abilities
- Strong analytical, technical, and problem solving skills.
- Comfortable speaking technically with analysts and strategically with senior executives
- Good understanding of DevOps and ITIL
- Holder of key industry certifications such as CISSP, GIAC certification(s
ABOUT BRIDGEVIEW IT
Do you remember when the first YouTube video was uploaded in 2005? We don’t, because we were too busy creating the best technology placement firm in the country. Back then, we saw how extreme the demand was for technologists. Companies needed help finding them, and technologists needed help sifting through the noise. That’s our specialty.
You have a valuable set of skills, and it’s our job to make sure you get connected with the roles, companies, and career paths that help you realize your full potential. We don’t just forward you random job descriptions; we build a real relationship to get you wherever it is you want to go. We might be based in Denver, clearly the best city on earth, but we are connected to opportunities across America that will both challenge and fulfill you.
Let’s do this. Apply for the above role, or sign up for job alerts at https://bridgeviewit.com/jobalerts.