If you love building and supporting information technology solutions that make businesses successful, then we have news for you: we’re seeking a PRODUCT OWNER who is ready to make an impact for one of our clients in DENVER, CO.
Here’s the thing – IT solutions help businesses thrive, but they would be worthless without properly functioning technology solutions. Our client relies completely on roles like this to maintain world-class business operations. If you can ensure a company’s technology powered operations are reliable, then this position is right for you.
HOW YOU WILL MAKE AN IMPACT
- Leads and participates in all scrum meetings including the daily stand up, sprint planning, backlog
- refinement, and sprint reviews for the responsible product(s) being planned, designed, developed or
- operationalized. Works with stakeholders and users to define product viability and requirements
- Provides clarity to the cross functional teams on the product vision, strategy, priorities, milestones and
- business feedback
- Defines major and detailed requirements and priorities in collaboration with the design and agile team
- Develops and maintains the product roadmap working with design and development teams
- Works with engineering tech leads to build release plans, manage development and delivery of user
- stories according to plan and provide business estimates for key initiatives
- Builds out and manages user story backlogs
- Balances business requirements with technical feasibility and scalability
- Ability to prioritize and drive sound business decisions. Identify project inter-dependencies
- Effectively delivers presentations to key users/stakeholders and senior management
- Contributes to the technical discussion and platform strategy with software development leaders
- Collaborates with Technology Ventures team and external ecosystem to strategically build product
- strategy for long term business goals.
- Helps teams to eliminate / resolve / escalate road blocks working with business functions, IT,
- development team, design team, scrum masters.
- Lead or/and support business, transformation priority leaders, design and engineering on product
- adoption and impact across the teams.
EXPERIENCE NEEDED TO BE SUCCESSFUL IN THIS JOB
- Lead product definition, business value and product viability for assigned product(s) working with
- stakeholders. Strongly influence product feasibility and desirability working with engineering and design
- Work collaboratively with (a) design team on product desirability & adoption, (b) with development team
- on feasibility and product/feature delivery, (c) with business leaders and business value delivery.
- Represent the product ownership across the organization providing executive overviews about the
- roadmap and release plans. Provide visibility across the company working with cross functional teams.
- Successfully collaborate with development teams, design teams, scrum leaders and business leaders
- to plan and deliver the digital products successfully to generate the defined business value.
- Work with cross functional teams to continuously improve the team work, cultural hallmarks of the
- company, product understanding & refinement.
- Build short term / long term strategic product plan and value delivery plan for the product. Bring outside in perspective on digital products, practices and strategy
- Minimum bachelor’s degree required in engineering or science. Master and MBA preferred.
- 8+ years professional experience, energy or asset heavy industry preferred
- Bachelor of Science degree or equivalent work experience. MBA preferred.
- 5+ years of product experience required
- Experience in building B2B SaaS products
- Experienced in managing complex software digital products serving cross functional business needs
- around digital transformations.
- Strong inclination towards business process and financial analysis.
- Strong bias for action
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Strong facilitation and collaboration techniques
- Ability to present complex problems simply
- Experience and knowledge of software development process
- Extensive understanding of the Agile development process and best practices
- Experience in gas scheduling and gas trading a bonus
- Strong exposure to various existing and emerging technologies like AI / ML, aerial inspections
- technologies, IoT and edge computing, data integration and analytics, AR/ VR, Cloud and infrastructure
- technologies, software development, Dev Ops, data streaming and visualization and digital adoption.
- Certified and experienced in agile / scrum methodologies.
- Ability to connect with external partners, start-ups and customers on new digital technologies.
- Startup experience and entrepreneurial mindset preferred.
- 5% - 25% travel required.
- Strong communication and leadership presence.
ABOUT BRIDGEVIEW IT
Do you remember when the first YouTube video was uploaded in 2005? We don’t, because we were too busy creating the best technology placement firm in the country. Back then, we saw how extreme the demand was for technologists. Companies needed help finding them, and technologists needed help sifting through the noise. That’s our specialty.
You have a valuable set of skills, and it’s our job to make sure you get connected with the roles, companies, and career paths that help you realize your full potential. We don’t just forward you random job descriptions; we build a real relationship to get you wherever it is you want to go. We might be based in Denver, clearly the best city on earth, but we are connected to opportunities across America that will both challenge and fulfill you. Let’s do this. Apply for the above role, or sign up for job alerts at https://bridgeviewit.com/jobalerts.
STUFF OUR LAWYERS WANT US TO SAY
We are unable to sponsor H1B candidates at this time. Those authorized to work in the US without restriction are encouraged to apply. BridgeView IT is an equal opportunity employer.