SEEKING Principle Software Engineer · Denver, CO
Is your idea of the “big picture” more of a massive billboard than a framed 8 x 10 photo? We’re seeking Principle Software Engineers who are ready to take control of large-scale programs and applications for one of our clients in Denver, CO.
Here’s the thing – large companies have a distinct need for help with their massive technology functions. Whether it’s SAP, a Java application, or SharePoint, these businesses require talent who can keep them up and running smoothly. If you have the breadth of knowledge it takes to work at the enterprise level, our client’s opening is waiting.
Tell you what: give us 60 seconds. Look at what this role is all about, peek at our stellar benefits, and learn why BridgeView IT owns the competition when it comes to connecting technologists with the best enterprise positions. One minute from now, if you’re just as excited about this role as we are, then you know what to do.
YOU’LL BE VERY SUCCESSFUL HERE IF YOU ARE
- Experienced with .NET Core, bonus for also leveraging Python in the past, or a clear pattern of easy mastery of new languages and frameworks
- Driving for consensus on solution acceptance criteria with stakeholders and are self-motivated to push the entire team towards an excellent technical outcome
- Comfortable being part of a high-performance team working hard to overcome big challenges on tight timelines while maintaining work-life balance
- Someone who enjoys a high-communication environment
- Experienced developing with Golang, bonus for using it for a terraform provider
- Experienced using relational and/or NoSQL databases
- Passionate about understanding the heart of a problem, from the endpoint of the end user (either internal or external)
- Experienced with RESTful APIs; consumption and production, including schema generation from models, or code generation from API specifications or models
- Experienced with system, network, and/or storage engineering and/or domain knowledge with system, network, and storage
- Experienced with virtualization and/or cloud technologies, especially at the API layer (Especially AWS and VMware APIs)
- Biased toward engineering “hardened” code that strongly checks assertions and fails loudly and gracefully if it must fail
- Someone who can check their ego at the door and enjoy helping a team succeed
- Experienced with a version control system, preferably Git
HOW YOU WILL MAKE AN IMPACT
- Automate the delivery of compute, storage, and network services by consuming APIs (especially REST APIs) to deliver orchestration, and in some cases, expose internal APIs for our business logic
- Implement a tightly-scoped but extremely extendable CMDB, with an API, in close partnership with operational engineering and service operations teams
- Provide engineering guidance and best practice support for software engineering team working away from HQ
- Write “glue” code to enable smooth interaction between tools like PXE boot, Ansible/Salt/Puppet, IPMI, Vendor APIs, BASH or Powershell scripts
- Help maintain and extend use of CI/CD tools such as Jenkins, Artifactory, and the creation and maintenance of unit tests for functionality
- Define requirements and assist teams in the deployment of infrastructure to support the software stack, including use of tools such as K8S, Rancher, Vault, Helm, etc.
- Participate in extending our intellectual property in the hybrid cloud space by contributing to innovation captured in our growing body of patents
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE
- BS in Computer Science, Engineering, Math, or a related field or equivalent experience
ABOUT BRIDGEVIEW IT
Do you remember when the first YouTube video was uploaded in 2005? We don’t, because we were too busy creating the best technology placement firm in the country. Back then, we saw how extreme the demand was for technologists. Companies needed help finding them, and technologists needed help sifting through the noise. That’s our specialty.
You have a valuable set of skills, and it’s our job to make sure you get connected with the roles, companies, and career paths that help you realize your full potential. We don’t just forward you random job descriptions; we build a real relationship to get you wherever it is you want to go. We might be based in Denver, clearly the best city on earth, but we are connected to opportunities across America that will both challenge and fulfill you.
Let’s do this. Apply for the above role or sign up for job alerts at www.bridgeviewit.com/jobalerts.