If you love building the architecture that makes information technology possible, then we have news for you: we’re seeking Manager of Network Engineering who are ready to pick up a (figurative) hammer for one of our clients in Omaha, NE.
Here’s the thing – if a company’s technology stack were a person, then the network of vital organs and veins would be its system positions. Without experts designing, implementing, analyzing, and maintaining important systems, a company simply can’t function. If that sounds exciting, you just might be the lifeblood our client needs.
Tell you what: give us 60 seconds. Look at what this role is all about, peek at our stellar benefits, and learn why BridgeView IT owns the competition when it comes to connecting technologists with the best system positions. One minute from now, if you’re just as excited about this role as we are, then you know what to do.
YOU’LL BE VERY YOU’LL BE VERY SUCCESSFUL HERE IF YOU HAVE
- Effectively apply Managerial Leadership Practices (MLPs) (i.e.: Management Accountabilities, Talent Inventory, Succession Planning, Organizational Performance Planning, Clarity Building, etc.) for assigned staff.
- Develop and implement Individual Development Plans (IDPs) for all direct reports targeting: specific performance gaps necessary to fulfill the work of the Role, any currently assigned Key Accountabilities (KAs), or any special assignments designed to enhance the effectiveness of Role, Department, Division, etc.
- Develop and maintain a set of staff performance metrics.
- Accountable to develop and implement plans and programs (1-2 years in scope) to achieve strategic objectives and to deliver desired outputs/assigned KAs.
- Serve as the direct leader of network engineering professionals in the design, installation and maintenance of network and telecommunication technology, the revenue producing agreements/contracts with external entities and coordinate installation and maintenance of leased circuit facilities.
- Collaborate with leadership and teams and serve as an initiator and driver of continuous improvement.
- Ensure and promote team practices for network expertise, ongoing development of skill mastery, innovation, and continuous learning
- Engage in routine planning and problem solving
- Ensure hardware, system and operational standards for network and telecommunication infrastructure and systems in collaboration with Enterprise Architecture are developed, maintained and are continuously improved as the network evolves.
- Participate in, and provide guidance and leadership on strategic initiatives such as the enablement of Unified Collaboration, Intelligent grid modernizations, Next-Gen operational network platform, and other initiatives as identified through strategic planning.
- Lead the design, integration and ownership of all end-to-end processes, policies, and practices utilized within assigned scope of control.
- Provide key insight and thought leadership in the development, implementation, and ongoing planning of the network and telecommunications roadmap.
- Develop and maintain a set performance metrics (Past vs. Present and Predictive). Monitor, adjust as needed, track, and develop reporting and analysis as scheduled.
- Effectively sponsor multiple projects simultaneously.
- Ensure 24-hour availability of departmental personnel for emergencies.
HOW YOU WILL MAKE AN IMPACT
- Hold staff accountable for the adherence to all internal/external safety related policies/practices.
- Understands, maintains knowledge and complies with all policies, procedures, and applicable Federal and State laws and regulations. Ensure direct reports meet the above requirements and address employee performance issues in relation to compliance accountabilities. Ensure all internal controls, policies/procedures and standard practices do not conflict with applicable compliance requirements.
- Lead the effective design, delivery and reinforcement of Divisional & Corporate communications to assigned staff/team members in alignment with expectations regarding timing, audience, confidentiality, frequency, and format. Provide opportunities for individual staff members to discuss implications in a confidential 1:1 manner (As Needed)
- Lead initiatives to research, identify, and implement opportunities to enhance the operational effectiveness of assigned function(s). Accountable to foster an environment for the assigned area, workgroup or function that ensures opportunities are identified and implemented when possible.
- Fiscal Accountability: Accountable for the design and ownership of allocated budget. Ensure topics such as the development and enhancement of: talent, technology, products and services are aligned to the Business Unit’s strategic plan. Monitor and report on status of budgetary status. (Variance to Plan / Capital Expenditures / OM&A)
PREFERRED EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor’s Degree in Electric or Communications Engineering, Computer Science, Telecommunications or Network Systems or a combination of education and experience in electric or communications engineering, networking or telecommunications.
- Eight years’ experience as an engineer working with systems such as telephony, VoIP, microwave & fiber optic distribution systems, business and/or operational networks or two-way radio systems is required
- Five years of experience managing/leading telecommunications or networking system engineering teams
- Experience managing 24x7 IT operations with a service orientation
- Demonstrated previous work experience effectively overseeing the coordination and execution of infrastructure projects
- Demonstrates good understanding of business and financial aspects of IT
- Must be able to partner effectively across all level of the organization
- A good familiarity with other IT Infrastructure technologies such as storage area networks (SAN), WAN acceleration devices, and core Microsoft technologies including but not limited to Windows Servers, Active Directory, VMWARE, and VDI
ABOUT BRIDGEVIEW IT
Do you remember when the first YouTube video was uploaded in 2005? We don’t, because we were too busy creating the best technology placement firm in the country. Back then, we saw how extreme the demand was for technologists. Companies needed help finding them, and technologists needed help sifting through the noise. That’s our specialty.
You have a valuable set of skills, and it’s our job to make sure you get connected with the roles, companies, and career paths that help you realize your full potential. We don’t just forward you random job descriptions; we build a real relationship to get you wherever it is you want to go. We might be based in Denver, clearly the best city on earth, but we are connected to opportunities across America that will both challenge and fulfill you.
Let’s do this. Apply for the above role, or sign up for job alerts at https://bridgeviewit.com/jobalerts.
Employee Perks, ADP Personal Discounts: great discounts through thousands of vendors (Nike, Target, Home Depot, etc.)
STUFF OUR LAWYERS WANT US TO SAY
We are unable to sponsor H1B candidates at this time. Those authorized to work in the US without restriction are encouraged to apply. BridgeView IT is an equal opportunity employer.