Is your idea of the “big picture” more of a massive billboard than a framed 8 x 10 photo? We’re seeking Lead Performance Testing QA Engineers who are ready to take control of large-scale programs and applications for one of our clients in Denver, CO.
Here’s the thing – large companies have a distinct need for help with their massive technology functions. Whether it’s SAP, a Java application, or SharePoint, these businesses require talent who can keep them up and running smoothly. If you have the breadth of knowledge it takes to work at the enterprise level, our client’s opening is waiting.
Tell you what: give us 60 seconds. Look at what this role is all about, peek at our stellar benefits, and learn why BridgeView IT owns the competition when it comes to connecting technologists with the best enterprise positions. One minute from now, if you’re just as excited about this role as we are, then you know what to do.
HOW YOU'LL MAKE AN IMPACT:
- Acting independently under consultative direction will coordinate with application and project teams to create performance test plans and non-functional-requirements (NFR), identifying traffic specifics, establish Performance testing scope, service level agreements (SLA), and communication models. Develops performance scripts and scenarios to test projects and software code releases in various environments while coordinating with different teams to mine test data and execute tests. Will partner with development teams to conduct early performance testing and will lead projects of varying scope and performs highly complex system/application testing to ensure delivery meets business, budgetary, and end-user expectations.
- Leads/performs the formulation, definition, and documentation of systems/application scope and objectives for Load/ Performance Testing working closely with systems architecture, development, business and engineering teams. Works on highly complex systems/applications and prepares detailed specifications from which system/applications will be developed and maintained.
- Leads/performs key portions of the system development lifecycle including gathering, documenting and analyzing performance requirements for highly complex, multiplatform applications. Maintains documentation, project tracking, and key stakeholder reporting metrics. Makes recommendations for project resource requirements to project managers and/or systems leadership.
- Leads/performs highly complex system/application testing to ensure delivery meets business, budgetary, and end-user expectations. Depending on assigned area(s), may be responsible for the quality assurance testing function.
- Provides day to day support to existing applications and troubleshoots system/applications performance issues as they arise. Determines and ensures resolution to highly complex system/application problems. May assign resources to determine and ensure resolution to system/application problems as necessary. Depending on applications supported, may provide advanced technical support and guidance directly to end users.
- Acts as the primary liaison between key business area and systems teams, and communicates project feasibility, status and issues to key stakeholders. Position will have regular interaction with business leaders. Works independently, with guidance in only the most complex situations. May assign, monitor and review progress and accuracy of work, directing efforts and providing technical guidance on more complex issues as well as give guidance and leadership to the India QA team members. Reviews progress with management.
- Operates with substantial latitude for unreviewed action or decision. Research and document failures and responses over SLA, provide actionable details for remediation or infrastructure and code tuning, then work with internal and external clients to implement fixes or improvements
- .Maintain close communication with application teams thru attendance to Scrum meetings or to special regular meetings for performance testing coordination and planning
- Work with different teams to improve monitoring and alternative approaches that help testing and operation efficiency
- Document, communicate and present results to stake holders in a timely manner
- Participate in special assignments as required
YOU'LL BE VERY SUCCESSFUL IF YOU HAVE:
- Bachelor s degree in Computer Science or Information Systems or equivalent experience. Master's degree in related systems or business field is strongly desired.
- Minimum six (6) years experience.
- At least five years of working experience in performance testing
- Experience with one of the performance testing tool such as LoadRunner, StromRunner, Performance Center, Silk Performer or JMeter and Selenium RC
- Experience with monitoring tools such as AppDynamics, Wily, Splunk and analyzing server performance counters such as CPU, Server and JVM memory, and Garbage Collection
- Experience of cloud, web applications, and web services performance testing
- Experience with Agile Development
- Experience using Confluence, for work collaboration and knowledge sharing, and Jira for work tracking, issue tracking, and project management, and Jenkins for continuous Integration.
- Experience of test automation, preferable with WebDriver, Selenium, Watir and UFT
- Detail oriented, demonstrates discipline and analytical problem solving skills
- Programming skills in Java Script, C, Java, Ruby and .Net
- Able to accurately estimate task durations and meet commitments in an Agile software development environment
- Ability to learn and actively seek new skills and knowledge to keep up with the changing technology field
- Ability to work within Agile/ Scrum methodology
- Ability to complement tests with identification of performance issues in infrastructure and code
- Business knowledge of 401(k), 457 or 403(b) retirement plans would be a great bonus.
- Knowledge and hands on experience in testing Web (Http/HTML), AJAX, SOAP and REST Web services, Mobile, RDP/VNC, and Web socket
- Knowledge and hands on experience on measuring performance from client side with tools such as MicroFocus TruClient, WebDriver, Watir, Selenium, SoapUI, Postman, JMeter and Sikuli
- Knowledge and analyzing data from Google Analytics or Adobe Analytics
- Knowledge on metrics tuning on front end web servers like Apache Tomcat, WebLogic, WebSphere and Windows Server 2016
- Knowledge of Jenkins, and Amazon EC2, Lambda, CloudWatch, CloudFront is a great bonus
- Knowledge on MariaDB, Cassandra, MongoDB and SQL to find bottlenecks in DB like deadlocks, indexing issues and other information such as execution/duration, slow queries and read/writes using tools such as MS SQL server profiler, MongoVUE, RoboMongo, Datastax OpsCenter.
- Mobile device testing experience
- Voice response testing experience is a good plus
- SFDC (Salesforce) testing experience
ABOUT BRIDGEVIEW IT
Do you remember when the first YouTube video was uploaded in 2005? We don’t, because we were too busy creating the best technology placement firm in the country. Back then, we saw how extreme the demand was for technologists. Companies needed help finding them, and technologists needed help sifting through the noise. That’s our specialty.
You have a valuable set of skills, and it’s our job to make sure you get connected with the roles, companies, and career paths that help you realize your full potential. We don’t just forward you random job descriptions; we build a real relationship to get you wherever it is you want to go. We might be based in Denver, clearly the best city on earth, but we are connected to opportunities across America that will both challenge and fulfill you.
Let’s do this. Apply for the above role, or sign up for job alerts at https://bridgeviewit.com/jobalerts.