Is your idea of the “big picture” more of a massive billboard than a framed 8 x 10 photo? We’re seeking an Infrastructure Applications Delivery Engineer who is ready to take control of large-scale programs and applications for one of our clients in Canton, MA or Highlands Ranch, CO.
Here’s the thing – large companies have a distinct need for help with their massive technology functions. Whether it’s SAP, a Java application, or SharePoint, these businesses require talent who can keep them up and running smoothly. If you have the breadth of knowledge it takes to work at the enterprise level, our client’s opening is waiting.
A ROLE YOU WILL LOVE
- Seeking experienced Application Delivery Engineer to join the Global Planning and Delivery (GPD) team. The right candidate will be responsible for working with the GP&D IT Delivery Manager, Team Leaders, Architects, Project Managers, Business members and various other roles to install and deliver new technologies to the Services Organization in order to support ongoing Business needs.
- The successful candidate must be able to work in a fast paced environment and be able to manage large scale project deliveries on a set schedule. As part of the project it will also be the candidate’s responsibility to document, train and deliver the projects to the Services Organization for ongoing support.
- Each candidate selected will also infrequently be asked to help support the Services Organization during urgent needs and outages.
HOW YOU WILL MAKE AN IMPACT
- Build project technologies utilizing Vendor, GP&D and Business resources identified in the project plan. This will include all POC, UAT and Vendor testing engagements required before project can be completed and delivered to the Services Organization
- Continually Engage with GP&D and Vendor Project Managers as well as Business Owners to analyze, develop, update, execute and complete a Project Plan as part of the project life cycle
- Complete the Technology Hand Over Documentation with all pertinent project details. This will be required for the Services Organization to support the technology once it has been delivered to them
- Interact with other GP&D Technical Resources and Vendors to plan the delivery of all non-related technologies required to completed assigned Application Delivery Engineer projects
- Engage with the Services Organization to complete the handover of the new technology, which may include train them as needed
- Participating in strategic planning and decision making processes by providing technical assistance and knowledge as a subject matter expert in International and domestic Application Delivery Engineer platforms
EXPERIENCE NEEDED TO BE SUCCESSFUL IN THIS JOB
- Positively adapts to change, is always open to new ideas, actively takes on new responsibilities, handles pressure, has an ability to focus on priorities and adjusts plans to meet changing needs
- Communicates well both verbally and in writing, creates accurate and punctual reports, business justifications, cost analysis, delivers presentations, shares information and ideas with others, has good listening skills, able to voice their opinion and provide constructive feedback in a positive manner
- Decision Making/Judgment
- Recognizes problems and responds, systematically gathers information, sorts through complex issues, seeks input from others, addresses root cause of issues, makes timely decisions, can make difficult decisions, uses consensus when possible, and communicates decisions to others
- Methodical and structured in their approach to tasks
- Interpersonal Skills
- Is a positive individual with good listening skills that builds strong relationships, is flexible/open-minded, straightforward, honest, negotiates effectively, solicits performance feedback, handles conflict and maintains confidentiality?
- Mentors and trains other engineers.
- Customer service focused and possessing a strong work ethic
- Capability to organize and prioritize tasks
- Flexible approach and ability to work co-operatively within a team environment
- Is attentive to detail and accuracy, is committed to excellence, looks for improvements continuously, monitors quality levels, finds root cause of quality problems, owns/acts on quality problems
- Create and update technical process and procedures as directed
- Ability to view technology as a Service to our customers
- Ability to see the big picture and not get bogged down by small detail or blocked by small hurdles
- Ability to look at business requirements or challenges to provide new solutions that can offer benefit while aligning to our core technologies
- Adopt, and establish a Win-Win methodology between teams
- Operational Skills
- Understanding of Service Management operational frameworks such as ITIL and functions including Service Desk, Change Management, Incident Management, Capacity Planning, Service Level Agreements, Disaster Recovery and Business Continuity Planning
- Must have the mindset for continual process improvement
- Able to perform build and delivery of project tasks
- Technical Skills
- Strong technical skills responsible for implementation and security of the company’s application delivery and associated services
- Understanding of Platform technologies and basic understanding of Application Design
- Strong understanding of delivering technologies including:
- MS Based Applications (Exchange, UM, SFB )
- MS 365
- Skype for Business
- MS Windows Server/Desktop Operating Environment
- Archiving Applications (Enterprise Vault)
- Web Content Filtering (Websense)
- Windows Clustering
- Active Directory
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor's degree (B. A.) from four-year college or university; or one to two years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Demonstrated 3 years’ working experience with an understanding of the majority of Application Delivery skills listed above
- Server Virtualization
ABOUT BRIDGEVIEW IT
Do you remember when the first YouTube video was uploaded in 2005? We don’t, because we were too busy creating the best technology placement firm in the country. Back then, we saw how extreme the demand was for technologists. Companies needed help finding them, and technologists needed help sifting through the noise. That’s our specialty.
You have a valuable set of skills, and it’s our job to make sure you get connected with the roles, companies, and career paths that help you realize your full potential. We don’t just forward you random job descriptions; we build a real relationship to get you wherever it is you want to go. We might be based in Denver, clearly the best city on earth, but we are connected to opportunities across America that will both challenge and fulfill you. Let’s do this. Apply for the above role, or sign up for job alerts at https://bridgeviewit.com/jobalerts.
Our client offers great benefits including:
- Paid time off - You’ll accrue 3 weeks your first year & 9 Holiday!
- Medical, Dental & Vision insurance
- Life & Disability insurance
- Flexible spending and health savings accounts
- Employee Stock Purchase Plan
- $1,000 Employee Referral Program
- Matching 401(k)
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Banking and investments plans
- Rewards and recognition programs
- Employee discounts for wellness, auto & homeowners insurance, wireless service and more…