We know dominating the C-suite doesn’t leave you with much free time, so let’s get right to it: We’re seeking a Head of IT Development who is ready to lead one of our electrifying clients in Highlands Ranch, CO.
Here’s the thing – a technology executive can singlehandedly make or break any organization. Success requires years of hard work, an ability to provide guidance, and a perfect fit between an executive and our client. True leaders are made, not born (and hopefully reading this job description right now).
A ROLE YOU WILL LOVE
Lead, direct, and evaluate the Development teams to ensure the organization's information systems strategy is implemented on time and within budget. The role is a member of the Development leadership team focused on providing requirements management, design and development services across a portfolio of applications and supporting frameworks. Responsible for feasibility studies, time and cost estimates, and the establishment and implementation of new or revised applications systems and programs. Assists in projecting software and hardware requirements. Assigns personnel to various projects and directs activities. Reviews and evaluates work. Confers with and advises subordinates on administrative policies and procedures, technical problems, priorities, and methods. Consults with staff in other teams to coordinate activities such as; global and regional Technology Services teams and business units
HOW YOU WILL MAKE AN IMPACT
Application Development and Maintenance
- Maintain custody of allocated products, supporting applications and underlying frameworks. Maintain and apply product knowledge and technical know-how to the delivery process to ensure fast time to market and quality solutions.
- Provide requirements management, design and development services in support of strategic programs. Includes liaison with other regional and global engineering teams and also Architecture, Service Transition, and Change delivery and Quality Services for complex, multi-application projects.
- Prioritize and deliver on Business As Usual (BAU) demand (such as client enhancement, regulatory, risk, security, audit, and break/fix). Manage BAU through product backlogs and within allocated resources.
- Contribute to solution architecture and application strategies led by Architecture. Produce and adhere to product roadmaps. Adhere to architecture’s guiding principles, standards and framework strategies.
- Uplift delivery capability through a focus on quality and increasing productivity. Includes collaboration and guidance from teams within Technology Services and lines of business on the efficiency and consistency of development, build and deployment processes.
Business Relationship Management
- Manage the operational and strategic interactions between a designated organizational business unit(s) and IT to deliver an effective, efficient IT service.
- Be a key contact point for relevant business unit(s) to check the status of projects and work requests.
- Manage individual and team performance and progress to meet objectives through goal setting, regular feedback, coaching, reward and recognition and following the appraisal process.
- Manage talent by identifying and nurturing potential, providing opportunities for staff to develop, assisting individuals in career and professional development planning and providing a supportive environment for staff to continually learn and develop. Strategically manage the flow of talent through the team by creating and maintaining a talent pipeline.
- Promote knowledge sharing and transfer in order to broaden the skills and knowledge base both within the team and the wider organization.
- Ensure the workforce remains relevant by looking ahead to ensure the team has the talented people it needs to attain its business goals.
- Prepare team budget/s annually and forecast quarterly.
- Provide transparency around resource management through project, run & support reporting.
- Ensure that all IT governance process are met and adhered to including: Global Architecture Council, Change Advisory Boards, and Risk Assessment Methodology (CRAM).
- Ensure all IT business processes are met and adhered to including:
- Projects methodology, processes and governance stage gates,
- IT Security standards and processes as part of the Development Lifecycle.
- QA/Testing strategies and methodologies
- Manage Audit Findings, Penetration test findings and Remediation Plans. Identify and manage risks.
EXPERIENCE NEEDED TO BE SUCCESSFUL IN THIS JOB
- Strong training, coaching/mentoring, team building, facilitation and leadership skills to fully equip and engage team members to accomplish work goals.
- Strong conflict management skills with the ability to find common ground and get cooperation with minimal impact and escalation.
- Highly effective influencing both internal and external audiences, and possess a demonstrated ability to work effectively across organizational boundaries.
- Ability to remain organized, pay strict attention to detail, and meet critical deadlines within a high volume, fast-paced environment
- Excellent analytic skills with the ability to use key tools to dive deep and provide analysis consistently on performance metrics
- Knowledge of Financial Services (Mortgage or Banking Services) industries and markets is highly regarded.
- Previous experience working in and supporting global business units with in-house solutions.
- Previous experience working on large system implementation projects.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE
- 7+ years’ Management experience working within a delivery team environment.
- Significant experience in enterprise application development across the development lifecycle.
- Strong interpersonal skills with proven ability to build and maintain strong relationships with clients, including international clients.
- Excellent people management and leadership skills including technical mentoring of software development staff.
- Excellent analytical and research skills with the ability to collect and analyze complex material and data and present it in accessible formats.
- Proven ability to successfully gather requirements and get results with minimal supervision.
- High levels of initiative with ability to deal with multiple projects simultaneously with conflicting priorities.
- Experience with design and structure of SQL databases and the SQL language
- Experience with Agile and Waterfall methodologies and where each are best applied
Our client has great benefits including the following:
- Paid time off - You’ll accrue 3 weeks your first year & 9 Holiday!
- Medical, Dental & Vision insurance
- Life & Disability insurance
- Flexible spending and health savings accounts
- Employee Stock Purchase Plan
- $1,000 Employee Referral Program
- Matching 401(k)
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Banking and investments plans
- Rewards and recognition programs
- Employee discounts for wellness, auto & homeowners insurance, wireless service and more…