We know dominating the C-suite doesn’t leave you with much free time, so let’s get right to it: We’re seeking an Embedded Firmware/Hardware Manager who is ready to lead one of our electrifying clients in Denver, CO.
Here’s the thing – a technology executive can singlehandedly make or break any organization. Success requires years of hard work, an ability to provide guidance, and a perfect fit between an executive and our client. True leaders are made, not born (and hopefully reading this job description right now).
Tell you what: give us 60 seconds. Look at what this executive position is all about, peek at our stellar benefits, and learn why BridgeView IT owns the competition when it comes to connecting technology executives with the best roles. One minute from now, if you’re just as excited about this position as we are, then you know what to do.
YOU WILL BE SUCCESSFUL IF YOU HAVE
- At least 5 years of experience developing firmware and hardware
- 3-5 years experience managing development teams
- Good documentation skills
- Experience building teams and managing cross functional teams (dev, QA)
- NPI & sustaining
- Passionate about technology & development
- Driver level firmware development, SPI, 12C, UART
- Extensive serial protocol experience
- Modem control
- Networking to the cloud
- C, C++, Java, Unix, Linux
- Familiar with small memory footprint firmware
- Experience w/ management tools include: Agile, Scrum, Kanban, MS Project, Confluence, GIT, JIRA, CVS.
- Revision control systems
- HW design
HOW YOU WILL MAKE AN IMPACT
- Provided a business opportunity, the EFHM will co-develop project plans with program manager to fulfil the requirements. The plan will take into account present and future resources, required timelines, business goals, and budget. The finished plan will have expenses, capitalized items, and milestones.
- On approved projects and programs, the EFHM will manage the embedded team to deliver to business milestones and objectives.
- Communicate as required to external manufactures and suppliers to uphold the projects timelines and deliveries.
- Monitor and stay informed on the customer relationships with our products and services.
People- 50% of the time
- The EFHM will have direct reports which has many responsibilities including, but not limited to:
- Complete understanding and adherence to all company’s policies and procedures.
- Develop and maintain a culture that is mutually beneficial to company and the personnel.
- Yearly performance reviews along with adherence to other performance policies.
- Mentor team individuals and provide the means for professional growth.
- Recruit full-time/part-time employees, contractors, and consultants as required.
- Integrate and work well with the cross-functional teams including: the rest of the Engineering team comprised of Software/Server groups, Netops, Customer service, and Finance.
EXPERIENCE & EDUCATION
- B.S. degree in Software Engineering, Hardware Engineering, Computer Science, Mathematics, or equivalent work experience
ABOUT BRIDGEVIEW IT
Do you remember when the first YouTube video was uploaded in 2005? We don’t, because we were too busy creating the best technology placement firm in the country. Back then, we saw how extreme the demand was for technologists. Companies needed help finding them, and technologists needed help sifting through the noise. That’s our specialty.
You have a valuable set of skills, and it’s our job to make sure you get connected with the roles, companies, and career paths that help you realize your full potential. We don’t just forward you random job descriptions; we build a real relationship to get you wherever it is you want to go. We might be based in Denver, clearly the best city on earth, but we are connected to opportunities across America that will both challenge and fulfill you.
Let’s do this. Apply for the above role, or sign up for our job alerts
STUFF OUR LAWYERS WANT US TO SAY
We are unable to sponsor H1B candidates at this time. Those authorized to work in the US without restriction are encouraged to apply. BridgeView IT is an equal opportunity employer.