We know dominating the C-suite doesn’t leave you with much free time, so let’s get right to it: We’re seeking a Director of Network Operations who is ready to lead one of our electrifying clients in Denver.
Here’s the thing – a technology executive can singlehandedly make or break any organization. Success requires years of hard work, an ability to provide guidance, and a perfect fit between an executive and our client. True leaders are made, not born (and hopefully reading this job description right now).
HOW YOU WILL MAKE AN IMPACT
- Responsible for defining the strategic direction, roadmap, and architectural design of the enterprise network and network operations centers, which includes wide-area networks, metro-area networks, data center networks, cloud-based networks, campus/corporate networks, bare metal server environments, virtualized server environments and cloud-based environments.
- Responsible for all aspects of network operations for the enterprise network and ensuring that the company’s customers, workforce and applications are able to successfully – and securely – leverage the network
EXPERIENCE NEEDED TO BE SUCCESSFUL IN THIS JOB
- A proven track record of designing, implementing, operating, and securing large-scale, high-availability company/campus, and cloud-data center hybrid networks.
- 10+ years’ experience managing technical teams, including experience managing third party contractors/vendors.
- 10+ years as a Network Engineer / Systems Administrator or supporting Network Operations in an enterprise environment.
- 10+ years with Cisco, Juniper, and/or Palo Alto Networking Technologies, including firewalls, routers, switches, VPN concentrators, and Wi-Fi/wireless related products.
- Demonstrated experience with modern network topologies and technologies, such as software defined networking (SDN) concepts and implementations.
- Demonstrated experience gathering wide ranging business requirements and defining and maintaining roadmaps.
- Demonstrated experience with corporate IT technologies, such as Active Directory, email services/protocols, DNS, DHCP, file shares (SMB, NFS), etc.
- Strong experience with Linux, Unix, Java based application environments, Oracle Database, PostgreSQL Database, Apache Web Server, Tomcat Application Server, etc.
- Proven ability to execute projects in an agile manner; strong project management experience.
- Past experience managing large and complex budgets and creatively leveraging financial resources to maximize benefits.
- Experience with public cloud platforms, such as Oracle Cloud Infrastructure, Amazon Web Services and Microsoft Azure.
- Strong knowledge of Cisco, Juniper, and/or Palo Alto firewalls, routers, switches, VPN concentrators, and wireless technologies.
- Expert in Network Design in (LAN, MAN, WAN), TCP/IP and Switching and Routing technologies (MPLS, BGP, OSPF, etc.).
- Expert level knowledge of load balancing technologies and topologies.
- Executive level written, verbal communication, and presentation skills.
- Strong leadership and mentorship abilities; demonstrated ability to effectively lead technical teams.
- Must have excellent interpersonal skills and an ability to build consensus for new concepts and techniques (where benefits may not be immediately realized by contributors) by clearly sharing vision and direction.
- Minimum Bachelor’s Degree. Flexible on subject matter (Work Experience supersedes).
ABOUT BRIDGEVIEW IT
Do you remember when the first YouTube video was uploaded in 2005? We don’t, because we were too busy creating the best technology placement firm in the country. Back then, we saw how extreme the demand was for technologists. Companies needed help finding them, and technologists needed help sifting through the noise. That’s our specialty.
You have a valuable set of skills, and it’s our job to make sure you get connected with the roles, companies, and career paths that help you realize your full potential. We don’t just forward you random job descriptions; we build a real relationship to get you wherever it is you want to go. We might be based in Denver, clearly the best city on earth, but we are connected to opportunities across America that will both challenge and fulfill you. Let’s do this. Apply for the above role, or sign up for job alerts at https://bridgeviewit.com/jobalerts.
STUFF OUR LAWYERS WANT US TO SAY
We are unable to sponsor H1B candidates at this time. Those authorized to work in the US without restriction are encouraged to apply. BridgeView IT is an equal opportunity employer.