BridgeView IT is currently seeking a DevOps Engineer for a long-term contract for a top client in Denver, CO (DTC). We’re seeking a highly skilled and collaborative DevOps Engineer who will be supporting our client with a major cloud migration project. While joining an established and expanding IT organization, you will leverage cloud technologies to include AWS, Azure, and other providers and you will deploy new releases to cloud platforms. You will be required to provide advanced troubleshooting to resolve complex system administration with Windows and or Linux issues as part of core duties. Primary focus will be migrating legacy systems to the cloud and automating as much as possible to increase efficiency.
- Join a team of Windows and Linux Administrators who are responsible for application and services support to our client’s enterprise environment.
- Support and maintain Windows production and test environments located in both data center or Cloud (Azure, OCI, AWS, etc.) platforms.
- Your goal will be to utilize DevOps and automation concepts using Cloud tools such as: Ansible, Yaml,Packer.io, powershell, or common language and leading deployment methodologies to move all legacy systems out of current data center to defined Cloud platform.
- Create, test, and update automation processes for Windows/Linux server and application standards. Determine critical procedures within the existing environment and automate deployment and upgrades.
- Script and automate processes that require bulk distribution, change, or input.
- Troubleshoot end-to-end issues with Client/Server applications to include Cloud and on-premise integration
- Ensure timely and accurate problem resolution when user issues arise.
- May mentor/train peers to effectively respond to end user issues, providing technical guidance for colleagues with less experience on more complex issues. Has latitude for un-reviewed action and decision making.
- In addition to knowing the how, demonstrate the why something is implemented, changed, or deployed in that fashion.
- Ensure the production environment is available at all times during normal and extended business hours.
- Top Skills we’re looking for: Python, Yaml, Terraform, Cloud Formation and Automation
- Previous experience migrating enterprise systems to the cloud, automating utilizing Python, Yaml and other tools as appropriate and necessary to gain efficiency
- Minimum 4 years previous relevant Systems Administration experience required, to include 2 years previous experience with automation CI/CD, AWS, Azure, Packer.io, Ansible, etc.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Technologies and ability to explain them. Examples (DHCP, DNS, TCP/IP to include basic networking, Active Directory Concepts, Sites, Admin types.)
- Excellent organization skills, with the ability to prioritize tasks accordingly, in a fast paced changing environment.
- Proven track record of taking initiative and delivering solution-oriented results required.
- Demonstrated ability to work independently, as well as within teams required.
BridgeView IT is a technology placement firm assisting a national network of clients identify and hire the highest-caliber IT professionals. Our management and senior recruiting specialists have successfully supported the IT marketplace for over a decade, and we have grown into a world class organization, with operations in major U.S. markets.
BridgeView IT is an equal opportunity employer. To proactively receive new job alerts from BridgeView IT, sign up at bridgeviewit.com/jobalerts.