SEEKING Desktop Support Engineers · Denver, CO
If you love building the architecture that makes information technology possible, then we have news for you: we’re seeking Desktop Support Engineers who are ready to pick up a (figurative) hammer for one of our clients in Denver, CO.
Here’s the thing – if a company’s technology stack were a person, then the network of vital organs and veins would be its system positions. Without experts designing, implementing, analyzing, and maintaining important systems, a company simply can’t function. If that sounds exciting, you just might be the lifeblood our client needs.
Tell you what: give us 60 seconds. Look at what this role is all about, peek at our stellar benefits, and learn why BridgeView IT owns the competition when it comes to connecting technologists with the best system positions. One minute from now, if you’re just as excited about this role as we are, then you know what to do.
YOU’LL BE VERY SUCCESSFUL HERE IF YOU HAVE
- Minimum 4 years of similar or related experience in a large complex enterprise IT environment
- Working knowledge and experience with SCCM: configuration, best practices, troubleshooting, deploying desktop OS’s, applications, and patches in an enterprise desktop environment;
- Escalation support of application runtime issues in production, testing, and development environments with internal customers
- Windows Desktop administration
- SCCM, JAMF, Microsoft Active Directory, O365 applications, Powershell OS scripts, Citrix basic administration
- Macbook setup
- Fundamental application, network, and system security practices
- Ability to mentor and train others
- ITIL Foundation desired
HOW YOU WILL MAKE AN IMPACT
- Accountable for on-going workstation operational support including operating systems releases, upgrades, service pack installations, bug fixes, security updates, and any system change activities.
- Participate in the development, testing and successful deployment of software to all applicable SCCM supported platforms deployed using SCCM and Windows Installer technologies
- Create and maintain standard images for multiple operating systems across various hardware platforms.
- Responsible for establishing metrics specifically aligned with endpoint health. Generate reports associated with patches and deployments to identify and track vulnerabilities.
- Troubleshoot and remediate vulnerabilities in a timely manner.
- Create and update documentation (User guides, Desk Level Procedures, and Knowledgebase) for IT supported services and applications.
- Develop procedures for support personal to remediate systemic system issues.
- Collaborate with other teams (including application operations, information security and network engineers) to establish cadence of end-point maintenance and evaluation of tools and services; including Spyware, Adware and, virus protection.
- Communicate and follow-up in a timely manner on issues and status updates to customers and management.
- Establish a formal mentorship with IT Desktop peer(s) to share lessons learned and IT knowledge.
- Network with cross-functional teams to leverage best practices and evaluate new concepts, technologies and procedures.
- Actively manage application/software, operating system, BIOS, and end point life cycles.
- Identify current operational process inefficiencies and drive process improvement solutions.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor’s degree, certification or equivalent experience
ABOUT BRIDGEVIEW IT
Do you remember when the first YouTube video was uploaded in 2005? We don’t, because we were too busy creating the best technology placement firm in the country. Back then, we saw how extreme the demand was for technologists. Companies needed help finding them, and technologists needed help sifting through the noise. That’s our specialty.
You have a valuable set of skills, and it’s our job to make sure you get connected with the roles, companies, and career paths that help you realize your full potential. We don’t just forward you random job descriptions; we build a real relationship to get you wherever it is you want to go. We might be based in Denver, clearly the best city on earth, but we are connected to opportunities across America that will both challenge and fulfill you.
Let’s do this. Apply for the above role, or sign up for job alerts at www.bridgeviewit.com/jobalerts.
- Medical: Provided by Aetna
- Dental: Provided by Aetna
- Vision: Provided by VSP
- 401K: Provided by Voya Financial – 4% match, 100% vested from start
- Life Insurance & Long-Term Disability
- ADP TotalChoice: Voluntary Benefits managed by Mercer, such as the following:
- Short Term Disability
- Accident Insurance
- Auto Insurance
- Accidental Death & Dismemberment (AD&D)
- Voluntary Term Life Insurance
- Homeowners/Renters Insurance
- Pet Care Coverage & Pet Insurance
- Employee Perks, ADP Personal Discounts: great discounts through thousands of vendors (Nike, Target, Home Depot, etc.)
STUFF OUR LAWYERS WANT US TO SAY
We are unable to sponsor H1B candidates at this time. Those authorized to work in the US without restriction are encouraged to apply. BridgeView IT is an equal opportunity employer.