SEEKING Data Engineers · Denver, CO
Ready to work with mountains of data higher than the Rockies? We’re seeking Data Engineers who are ready to get their hands on the 1’s and 0’s of an electrifying client in Denver, CO.
Here’s the thing – a modern business simply can’t remain profitable without harnessing its data. So much information passes through the servers of our client that this position will have a visible impact on their success. Whether you like to swim in data likes or drive the fork lift in data warehouses, you could be just the person this role needs.
Tell you what: give us 60 seconds. Look at what this data role is all about, peek at our stellar benefits, and learn why BridgeView IT owns the competition when it comes to connecting technologists with the best data positions. One minute from now, if you’re just as excited about this role as we are, then you know what to do.
YOU’LL BE VERY SUCCESSFUL HERE IF YOU HAVE
- At least 3 years' experience as a Data Engineer.
- You are a builder. You not only get excited about data architecture, but you have the technical knowledge and experience building complex pipelines to set us up with the tools we need to provide data to the greater company.
- Demonstrated strength in data modeling, ETL development, and data warehousing
- Strong fundamentals in data structures, algorithms, data modeling, and database performance on NoSQL/SQL
- Proficient in at least one of the scripting languages: Python/PySpark or Ruby
- Proficient in streaming services (Kafka or Kinesis)
- Experience with automated testing.
- Knowledge of software engineering best practices across the development lifecycle (agile methodologies, coding standards, code reviews, build processes, and testing)
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Bachelors in Computer Science, Engineering or Mathematics.
- Experience with:
- MongoDB, Postgres, Redshift, AWS RDS
- Docker and containerization
- Airflow, Luigi, AWS Glue, MoSQL
- Kafka or AWS Kinesis
- Experience building custom ETL solutions
- AWS S3, Athena, EMR
HOW YOU WILL MAKE AN IMPACT
- Architect and build data pipelines that can parse production data from different sources and deliver quality data to our business analytics teams.
- Partner with engineering to create services to ingest and supply data and provide the associated streaming solutions.
- Ability to deal with large, complex amounts of data that will be used 24/7 by the business as a foundation for all decision making at all levels of the company.
- Test, assess, and secure the data generated from the transformations while keeping our data secure with all the privacy policies in place.
- Work closely with BI, product, marketing, operations, and engineering teams to understand how data can influence our company’s strategic direction and decision-making.
- You’ll be part of the global BI group working with many different cultures, backgrounds, and tech stacks.
- Make well-informed decisions with deep knowledge of both the internal and external impacts on teams and projects.
- Evaluate and integrate third-party data platforms, APIs and machine learning services.
- Keep track of industry trends in data science and engineering to ensure cutting-edge implementations
- Expand and optimize our data and data pipeline architecture and data flow
ABOUT BRIDGEVIEW IT
Do you remember when the first YouTube video was uploaded in 2005? We don’t, because we were too busy creating the best technology placement firm in the country. Back then, we saw how extreme the demand was for technologists. Companies needed help finding them, and technologists needed help sifting through the noise. That’s our specialty.
You have a valuable set of skills, and it’s our job to make sure you get connected with the roles, companies, and career paths that help you realize your full potential. We don’t just forward you random job descriptions; we build a real relationship to get you wherever it is you want to go. We might be based in Denver, clearly the best city on earth, but we are connected to opportunities across America that will both challenge and fulfill you.
Let’s do this. Apply for the above role, or sign up for job alerts at www.bridgeviewit.com/jobalerts.
- Medical: Provided by Aetna
- Dental: Provided by Aetna
- Vision: Provided by VSP
- 401K: Provided by Voya Financial – 4% match, 100% vested from start
- Life Insurance & Long-Term Disability
- ADP TotalChoice: Voluntary Benefits managed by Mercer, such as the following:
- Short Term Disability
- Accident Insurance
- Auto Insurance
- Accidental Death & Dismemberment (AD&D)
- Voluntary Term Life Insurance
- Homeowners/Renters Insurance
- Pet Care Coverage & Pet Insurance
- Employee Perks, ADP Personal Discounts: great discounts through thousands of vendors (Nike, Target, Home Depot, etc.)
STUFF OUR LAWYERS WANT US TO SAY
We are unable to sponsor H1B candidates at this time. Those authorized to work in the US without restriction are encouraged to apply. BridgeView IT is an equal opportunity employer.