If you love building the architecture that makes information technology possible, then we have news for you: we’re seeking Cyber Security Engineers who are ready to fight the social hackers of the ether for one of our clients in Denver, CO.
Here’s the thing – if a company’s technology stack were a person, then the network of vital organs and veins would be its system positions. Without experts designing, implementing, analyzing, and maintaining important systems (especially security!), a company simply can’t function. If that sounds exciting, you just might be the lifeblood our client needs.
Tell you what: give us 60 seconds. Look at what this role is all about, peek at our stellar benefits, and learn why BridgeView IT owns the competition when it comes to connecting technologists with the best system positions. One minute from now, if you’re just as excited about this role as we are, then you know what to do.
HOW YOU WILL MAKE AN IMPACT
As a Cyber Security Engineer, you'll get to work on all things Palo Alto, Cisco, ISE, F5 Juniper aevelopment, implementation, and administration of information security policies, standards, and procedures, adhering to industry best practices. Ensure that the corporate IT environment is secure and complies with all internal and external audit requirements. Implement security hardening standards for IT Infrastructure. Ensure corporate Identity Management systems meet industry standards. Identify potential security risks in Identity Management systems, and define and document remediation options or mitigating control. Management of corporate Identity Management Systems, establishing and adhering to escalation procedures and response time. Maintain and enhance Identity Management Systems in alignment with established policies and controls. Maintain certifications and keep up-to-date with current information technology. Perform related duties as requested.
- Assist with the development, implementation, and administration of information security policies, standards, and procedures, adhering to industry best practices
- Assist in defining the security strategy and integrating regulatory compliance requirements (e.g., PCI, GLBA) into the organizational security roadmap Assist in ensuring that the corporate IT environment is secure and complies with all internal and external audit requirements
- Oversee security hardening standards for IT Infrastructure Coordinate with systems and network engineers to ensure servers and network devices conform to security standards, and that security devices and controls are working as designed
- Evaluate, design, and implement security related solutions, adhering to established change control processes Implement and maintain cryptographic controls (e.g. data at rest, data in transit) in line with security requirements Identify potential security risks, and define and document remediation options or mitigating controls
- Define and assist in the management of an Incident Response Team that addresses potential or in-progress security events, establishing and adhering to escalation procedures and response times
- Review and approve submitted application and systems change requests for security compliance Assist in maintenance and testing of physical security devices, alarms, and cameras in alignment with established policies and controls Provide subject matter expertise, counsel, and input for enterprise- wide information security initiatives, strategies, projects, and policies
- Maintain certifications and keep up-to-date with current information technology.
- Perform related duties as requested Bachelor s degree in Information Technology, Computer Science, or related field 3+ years’ experience with managing security controls, to include defining policies and administering devices such as firewalls, IDS/IPS platforms, DLP devices, e-mail/web filtering solutions Experience as a security specialist in a regulated IT environment including some combination of SOX,
- HIPAA, GLBA, PCI and responsible for compliance and performing/coordinating audits (1+ years)
- 2+ years’ experience performing network and application security administration, penetration testing and/or threat assessments
- 6 years’ experience in information technology or related field within the last 10 years
- CISSP, GIAC certification(s)
- 3+ years’ experience with commercial and open source security applications and technologies (e.g. malware prevention, DLP, IDS/IDP, cryptography, vulnerability scanning and penetration testing), as well as related protocols and tools (e.g. SSH, SSL/TLS, snort, port scanners, rootkit detectors, etc.)
- 1+ years programming/scripting experience one or more of: Python, Ansible and etc.
EXPERIENCE & EDUCATION
- 2+ years of experience with managing security controls, to include defining policies and administering devices such as Cisco and Palo Alto Networks firewalls, IDS/IPS platforms, Cisco ISE, DLP devices, e-mail/web filtering solutions
- 3 + years of technical experience working with security operations and engineering
- 3 + years of experience with network protocols, data flows and attacks within an IP environment
- 2+ years of experience in building configurations for security devices and building an automated process to support large-scale deployment
- Extensive knowledge and experience with security software, firewalls, intrusion detection systems and other security systems and network monitoring.
- Extensive hands-on technical knowledge of network systems, protocols, and standards such as Ethernet, LAN, WAN and TCP/IP.
- 2+ security incident response, such as different phases of response, vulnerabilities vs threats vs actors, Indicators of Compromise (IOCs), etc.
- Experience analyzing system and application logs to investigate security issues and/or complex operational issues
- 2+ years SIEM and Cisco ISE
- 2+ EDR, FireEye Hx, and Proofpoint TAP and TRAP
- 1+ years SOAR Plus: Cloud (AWS, Azure) Cyber Forensics HSM SDN (ACI, Open flow) Linux/Unix Scripting (Bash, Perl, Python)
- 1+ years programming/scripting experience – one or more of: Perl, Python and etc
- 1+ years AWS or Azure Cloud security
ABOUT BRIDGEVIEW IT
Do you remember when the first YouTube video was uploaded in 2005? We don’t, because we were too busy creating the best technology placement firm in the country. Back then, we saw how extreme the demand was for technologists. Companies needed help finding them, and technologists needed help sifting through the noise. That’s our specialty.
You have a valuable set of skills, and it’s our job to make sure you get connected with the roles, companies, and career paths that help you realize your full potential. We don’t just forward you random job descriptions; we build a real relationship to get you wherever it is you want to go. We might be based in Denver, clearly the best city on earth, but we are connected to opportunities across America that will both challenge and fulfill you.
Let’s do this. Apply for the above role, or sign up for our job alerts.
STUFF OUR LAWYERS WANT US TO SAY
We are unable to sponsor H1B candidates at this time. Those authorized to work in the US without restriction are encouraged to apply. BridgeView IT is an equal opportunity employer.