If you love building and supporting information technology solutions that make businesses successful, then we have news for you: we’re seeking a COMPLIANCE MANAGER who is ready to make an impact for one of our clients in DENVER, CO.
Here’s the thing – IT solutions help businesses thrive, but they would be worthless without properly functioning technology solutions. Our client relies completely on roles like this to maintain world-class business operations. If you can ensure a company’s technology powered operations are reliable, then this position is right for you.
HOW YOU WILL MAKE AN IMPACT
Looking for a deeply seasoned professional to drive compliance and certification program across global sites. Under the leadership of Director, PMO, you will own and manage all processes and activities required to implement and adhere to standards and controls for applicable certifications. You will plan, direct and implement, risk-prioritized processes to support ongoing compliance across sites and functions and will lead customers’ audit support efforts. You will build risks, requirements and controls (RCM) matrix, implement new certification programs and innovative solutions to drive efficiency of the audit process, while demonstrating stakeholder empathy by building strong and collaborative relations with peers, leaders and cross-functional teams. You will be responsible for establishing and maintaining compliance policies and providing insights and recommendations around processes and controls to stakeholders and executive team. You will initiate, maintain, and revise policies, regulations and procedures for the general operation of the compliance program and its related activities and ensure adherence to the Global Compliance roadmap.
EXPERIENCE NEEDED TO BE SUCCESSFUL IN THIS JOB
- Function as an independent and objective body that collaborates with external professionals and internal teams to execute gap and risk assessments for all certification requirements, and reviews and evaluates compliance issues/concerns
- Establish, document, implement and maintain all ISO management systems applicable to all internal control functions
- Institute and maintain an effective compliance communication and training program, including appropriate introductory training and ongoing materials for applicable policies and procedures
- Design and implement methods to track evidence collection, develop compliance standards, policies, corrective/preventive action programs; make applicable changes to work procedures to meet compliance
- Work with departmental leaders to prepare for external compliance audits by carrying out internal audits and performing root cause analyses and impact assessment on observations and
- Work with team members to implement new or revised customer statutory or regulatory requirements, evaluate and launch new certifications to maintain customer compliance, develop and periodically review and update policies to ensure continuing currency and relevance; Build and populate a compliance matrix of critical evidence needed to pass all compliances and report monthly on and/all areas out of compliance
- Liaise with relevant authorities, experts and external professionals to analyze, develop and implement strategies necessary for minimizing risk of non-compliance
- Manage day-to-day operation and monitor the performance of Global Compliance program on a continuing basis, taking appropriate steps to improve its effectiveness
- As necessary, coordinate compliance activities of all functional departments to identify potential areas of compliance vulnerability and risk; develop/implement corrective action plans for resolution of problematic issues, and provide guidance on how to avoid similar situations in the future
- Produce and interpret reports of inspection and regularly track and report compliance key performance indicators (KPI) for executives to help them take appropriate business decisions
- Conduct inspection of management practices and periodic assessment of operational functions to ensure they are in line with regulations and compliance standards
- Monitor compliance risk controls to identify deviations and proffer recommendations to departmental leaders on management of compliance issues; correct and address issues of non-compliance to limit recurrence and promote adherence to set rules
- 5+ years of compliance experience at a global company performing compliance and auditing activities, including but, not limited to setting up of processes, documentation, verification, validation of evidence, performing internal audits and following through to obtain certifications. 10+ years of global compliance experience is highly desirable
- Experience obtaining ISO certifications, especially ISO 9001-QMS is a must. Working knowledge of GDPR is highly desirable. Knowledge of few other compliance/certifications like SOC, PCI & FISMA is a plus
- Experience building the framework, training materials, risk assessments and controls to obtain certifications
- Demonstrated strong communication (verbal and written) skills to articulate complex risks and issues effectively to different levels of stakeholders and senior executives from a control owner, interpret inspection/audit results and proffer compliance recommendations, create policies and training material, and, communicate to customers, vendors and executives
- Experience using statistical analysis and other presentation data formats
- Experience leading critical projects from start to end, on-boarding and leading people (employees, vendors and auditors) on a team and across multiple projects
- Ability to think critically, solve problems and drive efficiencies using metrics and information
- Responsive and flexible to succeed within a fast growing, collaborative, global team environment
- Bachelor’s degree in Mathematics, Business or Law is desirable; candidates with very strong compliance program and audit management experience will be considered in lieu of a degree
- Participate and lead special or ad-hoc projects and initiatives, as required
- Demonstrates high level of integrity and honesty
- Learning and teaching mindset - Inquisitive to research and learn, thinks ahead, passionate to teach others
- Ability to efficiently multi-task, think outside the box and operate with ambiguity and under time pressure
- Experience with Microsoft Teams and Microsoft SharePoint highly preferred
- Experience in program and/or project management highly preferred
- Experience with, or understanding of Data Center environment is highly preferred
- Ability to travel 15%-30%
ABOUT BRIDGEVIEW IT
Do you remember when the first YouTube video was uploaded in 2005? We don’t, because we were too busy creating the best technology placement firm in the country. Back then, we saw how extreme the demand was for technologists. Companies needed help finding them, and technologists needed help sifting through the noise. That’s our specialty.
You have a valuable set of skills, and it’s our job to make sure you get connected with the roles, companies, and career paths that help you realize your full potential. We don’t just forward you random job descriptions; we build a real relationship to get you wherever it is you want to go. We might be based in Denver, clearly the best city on earth, but we are connected to opportunities across America that will both challenge and fulfill you. Let’s do this. Apply for the above role, or sign up for job alerts at https://bridgeviewit.com/jobalerts.
STUFF OUR LAWYERS WANT US TO SAY
We are unable to sponsor H1B candidates at this time. Those authorized to work in the US without restriction are encouraged to apply. BridgeView IT is an equal opportunity employer.