If you love building the architecture that makes information technology possible, then we have news for you: we’re seeking Cloud Support Engineers who are ready to pick up a (figurative) hammer for one of our clients in Denver, CO.
Here’s the thing – if a company’s technology stack were a person, then the network of vital organs and veins would be its system positions. Without experts designing, implementing, analyzing, and maintaining important systems, a company simply can’t function. If that sounds exciting, you just might be the lifeblood our client needs.
Tell you what: give us 60 seconds. Look at what this role is all about, peek at our stellar benefits, and learn why BridgeView IT owns the competition when it comes to connecting technologists with the best system positions. One minute from now, if you’re just as excited about this role as we are, then you know what to do.
As a Cloud Support Engineer, you’ll be a part of a support team that implements our clients Customer Operations Mission. Your approach to customer support is focused on long-term success through customer satisfaction!
YOU’LL BE VERY YOU’LL BE VERY SUCCESSFUL HERE IF YOU HAVE
- VMware Administration Experience:
- Host installation, configuration, networking, storage and patching
- All aspects of VM management (creation, resize resources, snapshots, destruction, etc.)
- vCenter patching
- Configuration and maintenance of DRS, DRS affinity rules and HA
- Configuration and maintenance of Vswitches and DVswitches
- Datastore configuration and management (FC, NFS and iSCSI)
- Strong knowledge in Firewall provisioning specifically (NAT’s, filter rules, create/troubleshoot IPsec/SSL VPN’s, route management)
- Expertise in: IP subnetting, Storage Systems, Monitoring Systems
- Experience in troubleshooting
- Windows (MCSE/MCP)
- LAN/WAN connectivity issues
- Layer 2, 3 and 4 network issues
- Hardware related issues
- Operating systems (Windows / Linux)
- Performance issues (Network, Server and Storage)
- Firewall issues (NAT, filter rules, IPSec tunnels, etc)
- Network routing issues
- A passion for helping people with their hair on fire.
- In-depth knowledge of the technical support function.
- Expertise in Palo Alto Networks Firewalls, Cisco ASA and/or Sophos UTM.
- Knowledge of general cloud computing.
HOW YOU WILL MAKE AN IMPACT
- Respond to customer inquiries, primarily by telephone and e-mail.
- Work flexible schedules, which may include evenings, weekends or holidays.
- Work directly with your teammates, engineering, and sales teams to resolve problems as necessary.
- Build, patch, and manage hundreds of vCenter environments with thousands of hosts.
- Configure and manage the enterprise monitoring system with thousands of managed elements.
- Document technical problems, troubleshooting steps and resolutions in the Salesforce CRM system.
- Ability to write white papers a plus.
- Minimum of 5 years of VMware systems administration and firewall provisioning experience.
- Minimum of 3 years of Windows / Linux systems administration experience.
- Working knowledge of F5 Load Balancer configuration.
- Superior analytical skills.
- Desire to go full time and grow with a grow technology company
ABOUT BRIDGEVIEW IT
Do you remember when the first YouTube video was uploaded in 2005? We don’t, because we were too busy creating the best technology placement firm in the country. Back then, we saw how extreme the demand was for technologists. Companies needed help finding them, and technologists needed help sifting through the noise. That’s our specialty.
You have a valuable set of skills, and it’s our job to make sure you get connected with the roles, companies, and career paths that help you realize your full potential. We don’t just forward you random job descriptions; we build a real relationship to get you wherever it is you want to go. We might be based in Denver, clearly the best city on earth, but we are connected to opportunities across America that will both challenge and fulfill you.
Let’s do this. Apply for the above role, or sign up for job alerts at https://bridgeviewit.com/jobalerts.
- Medical: Provided by Aetna
- Dental: Provided by Aetna
- Vision: Provided by VSP
- 401K: Provided by Voya Financial – 4% match, 100% vested from start
- Life Insurance & Long-Term Disability
- ADP TotalChoice: Voluntary Benefits managed by Mercer, such as the following:
- Short Term Disability
- Accident Insurance
- Auto Insurance
- Accidental Death & Dismemberment (AD&D)
- Voluntary Term Life Insurance
- Homeowners/Renters Insurance
- Pet Care Coverage & Pet Insurance
- Employee Perks, ADP Personal Discounts: great discounts through thousands of vendors (Nike, Target, Home Depot, etc.)
STUFF OUR LAWYERS WANT US TO SAY
We are unable to sponsor H1B candidates at this time. Those authorized to work in the US without restriction are encouraged to apply. BridgeView IT is an equal opportunity employer.