Ready to work with mountains of data higher than the Rockies? We’re seeking Business Intelligence Developers who are ready to get their hands on the 1’s and 0’s of an electrifying client in Omaha, NE.
Here’s the thing – a modern business simply can’t remain profitable without harnessing its data. So much information passes through the servers of our client that this position will have a visible impact on their success. Whether you like to swim in data lakes or drive the fork lift in data warehouses, you could be just the person this role needs.
Tell you what: give us 60 seconds. Look at what this data role is all about, peek at our stellar benefits, and learn why BridgeView IT owns the competition when it comes to connecting technologists with the best data positions. One minute from now, if you’re just as excited about this role as we are, then you know what to do.
YOU’LL BE VERY SUCCESSFUL HERE IF YOU HAVE
- Experience designing, developing and maintaining business intelligence solutions that turn data into insights.
- Experience in solution design activities and can build data solutions to enhance the capabilities of business intelligence infrastructure.
- The ability to collaborate with peers and develop full stack business intelligence solutions, including but not limited to data integration, storage, modeling, cleansing, reporting and visualizing, utilizing data integration, database and other modern data technologies.
- A background in Informatica PowerCenter, SQL Server and Oracle database
HOW YOU WILL MAKE AN IMPACT
- Develop high-performance data pipelines and business intelligence solutions based on design documents as well functional and non-functional requirement.
- Develop automation programs, shell scripts and other utilities to support overall goal of end to end automation.
- Develop, review and debug functions, procedures, processes and other coded and modeled software and database assets.
- Unit and integration testing to check that output from the program works as intended.
- Work with quality assurance and other teams to ensure the successful handover of code and data assets.
- Create documentation of solution components.
- Participate in DevOps efforts to ensure effective and continuous solution delivery processes.
- Participate in quality assurance and user acceptance testing efforts as needed.
- Participate in training, documentation and delivery efforts in concert with other team members.
- Participate/Collaborate with Infrastructure, Cyber Security, Application Delivery, Enterprise Architecture and Service Desk teams to ensure integrity, security, quality of business intelligence solution service
- Technical knowledge in the following BI areas: software engineering, database architecture, data integration, data processing, data modeling, data warehousing, master data management, data visualization
- Must be familiar with database architectures and SQL standard languages T-SQL and PL/SQL; preferably Oracle and SQL Server
- Strong understanding of ETL data integration technology; preferably Informatica PowerCenter
- Strong understanding of Data integrity concepts and data standardization
- Strong understanding of Data Warehousing concepts like multidimensional schema and slowly changing dimension
- Must be familiar with Agile Principles, Agile methodology frameworks and Software Development Life Cycle
- Must be familiar with source control and code management
- Strong analytical skills and attention to detail
- Excellent customer service and interpersonal skills
- Excellent technical and professional communication skills both verbally and in writing
- Must be able to work independently and effectively collaborate with minimum supervision
- Must possess exceptional organizational skills, creative problem solving skills, and flexibility in changing priorities
- Experience in Software Engineering patterns and anti-patterns
- Familiar with programming languages such as Java, C#, Perl or R
- Familiar with cloud platforms such as MS Azure and AWS
- Good working knowledge of data reporting and business intelligence tools e.g. Tableau, PowerBI, IBM Cognos)
- Working experience or knowledge in the electric power utility industry
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or Information Systems
- Minimum of 4 years of experience in developing business intelligence solutions
ABOUT BRIDGEVIEW IT
Do you remember when the first YouTube video was uploaded in 2005? We don’t, because we were too busy creating the best technology placement firm in the country. Back then, we saw how extreme the demand was for technologists. Companies needed help finding them, and technologists needed help sifting through the noise. That’s our specialty.
You have a valuable set of skills, and it’s our job to make sure you get connected with the roles, companies, and career paths that help you realize your full potential. We don’t just forward you random job descriptions; we build a real relationship to get you wherever it is you want to go. We might be based in Denver, clearly the best city on earth, but we are connected to opportunities across America that will both challenge and fulfill you.
Let’s do this. Apply for the above role, or sign up for job alerts at https://bridgeviewit.com/jobalerts.
- Medical:Provided by Aetna
- Dental:Provided by Aetna
- Vision:Provided by VSP
- 401K: Provided by Voya Financial–4% match, 100% vested from start
- Life Insurance & Long-Term Disability
- ADP TotalChoice: Voluntary Benefits managed by Mercer, such as the following:
- Short Term Disability
- Accident Insurance
- Auto Insurance
- Accidental Death & Dismemberment (AD&D)
- Voluntary Term Life Insurance
- Homeowners/Renters Insurance
- Pet Care Coverage & Pet Insurance
- Employee Perks, ADP Personal Discounts: great discounts through thousands of vendors (Nike, Target, Home Depot, etc.)
STUFF OUR LAWYERS WANT US TO SAY
We are unable to sponsor H1B candidates at this time. Those authorized to work in the US without restriction are encouraged to apply. BridgeView IT is an equal opportunity employer.