Ready to work with mountains of data higher than the Rockies? We’re seeking Big Data Engineers who are ready to get their hands on the 1’s and 0’s of an electrifying client in Denver, CO.
Here’s the thing – a modern business simply can’t remain profitable without harnessing its data. So much information passes through the servers of our client that this position will have a visible impact on their success. Whether you like to swim in data lakes or drive the fork lift in data warehouses, you could be just the person this role needs.
Tell you what: give us 60 seconds. Look at what this data role is all about, peek at our stellar benefits, and learn why BridgeView IT owns the competition when it comes to connecting technologists with the best data positions. One minute from now, if you’re just as excited about this role as we are, then you know what to do.
HOW YOU WILL MAKE AN IMPACT
- Leads backend and ETL development effort for the Data Team.
- Designs, develops, and performance-tunes extraction, transformation, and load (ETL) processes using SQL, PySpark or Python source-to-target data mappings
- Analyzing Use Case requirements and working with teammates to implement defined functionality
- Provide architectural guidance and development/build standards for the team
- Promoting collaboration through activities such as design sessions, design reviews, pair programming, etc.,
EXPERIENCE & EDUCATION
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or Information Technology
- 8 years of data engineering experience building business intelligence applications with exceptional SQL, PL/SQL, and/or Python skills
- 5 years of experience of ETL development in a big data environment
- 5 years working in an agile development environment.
- Experience developing in an AWS environment using S3, EC2, Redshift, Glue, Athena and RDS
- Strong ownership, urgency, and drive to ship code
- Ability to think outside the normal concepts to implement
- Ability to communicate technical concepts and designs to cross functional teams and off shore teams with varying degrees of technical experience.
- Displays flexibility in adapting to changing conditions.
- Strong team player, makes a valuable contribution to team objectives, displays trust and mutual understanding, accepts constructive feedback, and handles confrontation constructively.
- Application/system architecture experience
- Experience with AWS Services RedShift Spectrum, Elastic Search, API Gateway and Lambda
ABOUT BRIDGEVIEW IT
Do you remember when the first YouTube video was uploaded in 2005? We don’t, because we were too busy creating the best technology placement firm in the country. Back then, we saw how extreme the demand was for technologists. Companies needed help finding them, and technologists needed help sifting through the noise. That’s our specialty.
You have a valuable set of skills, and it’s our job to make sure you get connected with the roles, companies, and career paths that help you realize your full potential. We don’t just forward you random job descriptions; we build a real relationship to get you wherever it is you want to go. We might be based in Denver, clearly the best city on earth, but we are connected to opportunities across America that will both challenge and fulfill you.
Let’s do this. Apply for the above role, or sign up for our job alerts
Medical: Provided by Aetna
Dental: Provided by Aetna
Vision: Provided by VSP
401K: Provided by Voya Financial – 4% match, 100% vested from start
Life Insurance & Long-Term Disability
ADP TotalChoice: Voluntary Benefits managed by Mercer, such as the following:
Short Term Disability
Accidental Death & Dismemberment (AD&D)
Voluntary Term Life Insurance
Pet Care Coverage & Pet Insurance
Employee Perks, ADP Personal Discounts: great discounts through thousands of vendors (Nike, Target, Home Depot, etc.)